1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resorts In Ooty

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by HarshitNair, Apr 11, 2016.

1. HarshitNair

HarshitNair New Member

You may have seen my first post which is an enquiry about Bangalore to Ooty train, further to my post I also need to know about resorts in Ooty.
    I don't want to go out when in Ooty, which is why a resort is my preferred choice, although I would keep just one day for sightseeing, the rest would be spent relaxing.

I have looked at Sagar Holiday Resorts, and I would like something similar to that with some idea of costs too. As I would not be going out so, it is important that the resort food is good.

A small list of the facilities provided by the resort would also be good to know and the location of the resort as well.

Much appreciated.

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Club Mahindra derby Green is another well regarded option in Ooty. A lot of this depends on what you want out of the resort. The Mahindra has a good spa with many treatments available. There are activities for children, good views and a well maintained landscape. The food is also good for a resort. But if you want better views and more peace and quiet, you can go a bit further from the city. I think a lot off the central resorts suffer from the traffic and noise of Ooty.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

Here are some other resorts in Ooty that you might want to check out:

Mid-Range Resorts in Ooty
    • Fairstay Holiday Resort - Rooms here are quite simple but elegant. Their Executive Room has a king-sized bed, sofas, coffee table, telephone and even its own balcony. Rooms also come with their own attached bathroom. For the families, they can opt for the interconnected rooms. Rates for rooms start at Rs. 1,700 per night. It's very affordable considering the quality of service that the hotel provides. The tariff comes with free breakfast and complimentary WiFi as well. They also have a conference hall and a children's play area. Their restaurant also serves scrumptious food. Their address is: Ooty Coonoor Main Road, Ooty, Tamil Nadu 643001.
    • Hotel Lake View - Their Deluxe Cottage is only at Rs. 2,000 per night. Each cottage has its own private garden and an open deck overlooking the lake and the valley. It has all the basic amenities as well, like television, comfortable bed, sofa sets and an attached bathroom. Their restaurant offers Chinese, Continental and Indian cuisines. Food served is quite tasty but I'd advise you to just eat the meals from the restaurant. The room service fees can get a bit high. Amenities around the resort are WiFi, laundry services and luggage facilities. Their address is: West Lake Road, Near The Ooty Lake, Ooty, Tamil Nadu 643004.
    • Kluney Manor - Their Rustic Cottage is at Rs. 2,500 during off-peak season. This cottage has its own fireplace and offers amazing views of the hills. Amenities of the room include: coffee maker, attached bathroom, television and comfortable bed. They have their own restaurant too, which serves Indian and Chinese dishes. Their breakfast buffet spread is quite good, it has lots of variety. Even the portions of their meals are quite huge. They also have a coffee shop that serves snacks in between meals. Their address is: No. 196, RK Puram, Ooty 643001.

Luxury Resorts in Ooty
    • Gem Park Resort - Their Deluxe Room is at Rs. 4,700 per night. Through the windows, you have amazing views of the hills and the forests. Amenities include: a large bed, private bathroom, satellite television, minibar, tea/coffee maker and WiFi. They have different restaurants as well. Perhaps the most lavish is the Jade Garden Restaurant, which offers delicious Chinese dishes. For leisure, they have a spa that you can get treatments for and a swimming pool that guests can access. Their address is: Sheddon Road, The Nilgiris District, Ooty, Tamil Nadu 643001.
    • Global Village - Their British Emphire Cottage is at Rs. 6,250 per night. It has modern amenities like a safe, fridge bars, coffee/tea maker, LED televisions, bluetooth bar speaker, refreshment centre and high speed internet access. They also have their own restaurant in the hotel. The food is a little bit expensive though. That's because they make sure that all the ingredients used in the kitchen are fresh. So quality-wise, you won't be disappointed. Taste-wise, the dishes are quite delicious too. Their address is: Kathadimattam Street, Manjoor Road, Balacola, Ooty, Tamil Nadu 643203.
    • Highland Hotel Accord - Their Superior Room is at Rs. 4,275 per night. Because of the location of the hotel, rooms here provide amazing views of the mountain and the valleys. The hotel itself is almost at the peak of the mountain. Complimentary breakfast is provided for in the room tariff. And the breakfast spread is quite good, with a few varieties of dishes and even drinks. Their address is: 4/278, Kotagiri Road, Doddabetta Junction, The Nilgiris, Ooty, Tamil Nadu 643001.

I hope this helps!