1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review For Hotel Bhawna Palace/hotel Bhawna Garden In Agra

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by CityLites, Mar 3, 2016.

1. CityLites

CityLites New Member

I was recently here for a wedding; we booked a couple floors of this hotel. I cannot recommend this hotel; I would give it a star and a half. While it is large and the staff are helpful enough, and there is a (small) elevator for this three story hotel, there were small cockroaches and most of the rooms on the first two floors had an overwhelming smell of mold. The only saving grace is that it is relatively affordable.

amelia88 and Admin like this.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I always appreciate getting first hand reviews of hotels so that I know what to go for and what to avoid! Cockroaches freak me out so I think I'll be avoiding this place! Cleanliness is my number one thing whenever I stay somewhere and if cockroaches are there I would be worried that they're not cleaning it enough. Although sometimes I wonder if cockroaches are climate and humidity based.

3. Bayleaf

Bayleaf New Member

Cockroaches are inevitable in many climates, but that doesn't mean they have to have the run of a hotel. There are plenty of ways to both kill and deter them, though I suppose it may feel like an endless battle that isn't worth the cash investment.

In this case, the mention of mold suggests they don't really acre about the guest experience. That's not good for any guest, but when it is a wedding venue too it is unforgivable.

4. CityLites

CityLites New Member

While I agree that in a climate like India, it's very hard to keep out insects, the mold is alarming. When I checked online, the reviews were slightly above average which does NOT match my experience. By the way, I love the profile picture! Bayleaves?

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Reviews like this, especially on forums like this I've also found in the past to be usually the most trustworthy. First hand reviews are always the best and by sharing it on a forum about India, pretty much guaranteed for me that it's just a genuine review, something that as I'm sure we're all aware these days, that's something you very rarely get on the internet.