1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews And Opinions Of Oyo Rooms Branded Hotels

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Sandy, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Sandy

Sandy Guest

Hi all,

I recently read one of the most fascinating articles I've seen in a long time. It was a BBC business articles featuring Oyo Rooms Branded Hotels. Basically, Oyo Rooms is a network of certified hotels that have been cleared to have good amenities and positive reviews. The hotels also keep a positive rating through its app - as long as the person checks in and leaves a positive review, the rating on the hotel remains high. This helps travelers to India find the best hotels wherever they are, and it also gives known and unknown hotels great publicity!

I feel like this idea was ingenious. And what's even more remarkable is that the founder is currently only 21 years old. His name is Ritesh Agarwal and he got the idea only 3 years ago when he was 18. I thought the story behind it was interesting too, almost like a movie or a television show. The short version is that Ritesh was locked out of his apartment and so he had to check into a room at the nearest hotel. And unfortunately the amenities were terrible (i.e. the mattress were ripped and dirty, electricity didn't work in some cases). And the receptionist didn't care to help him. And so he came up with the idea for an app where you can find decent hotels in India at a great price so he wouldn't have to do that again. I'm pretty sure you can also book the room on the app if you find the hotel you like.

The BBC also says he won the Thiel Fellowship for this cool idea. I have to admit I am a little jealous. I can't wait until I come up with a good business idea lol! But anyway, has anyone heard of this Oyo Room app or tried it? You can use this thread to leave reviews or opinions. If you haven't heard of it, well then I hope this thread helps somebody in their travels to India in the future. HTH.

2. RBean

RBean New Member

I checked out the website and it seems pretty good. It gives a list of the hotels and shows the prices. It is a website to pick out hotels during your stay. It would be better if there were reviews on travelers who've stayed in the hotels.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I hadn't heard of the app before your post, but I always love it when young up-and-comers release something that takes off! Only being in my 20's myself it makes me happy to hear of young people doing so well. I think it's a great idea putting unknown hotels on the map! I imagine the hotels are grateful for it too, in order to boost their profile!