1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seafood

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Rayne, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Rayne

Rayne New Member

Being a great lover of seafood, I was just wondering how it was prepared in India. Is it prepared with the traditional spices of India or is there a special recipe?

2. Travis

Travis New Member

From what I've read most of the food is prepared with India's special spices. Seafood such as fish is served all over India. People love fish in India and have different ways of preparing it. I think curry fish would be fantastic.

3. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

It depends on where you eat your seafood. If you are eating at the dhaba, local restaurants, the sea food contains lot of Indian spices.However, if you try at five star hotel it will taste of your home country.

4. Kristie

Kristie New Member

I have never had a fish curry. I am intrigued now and will have to look for a restaurant here that serves it. Or maybe, I should try making it myself. Does anyone have a nice recipe?

5. JoJo

JoJo New Member

Good to know Vinaya. I'm not a big fan of curry but I do love fresh fish/seafood. I would like to try the Indian recipe but just to taste. Thanks again.

6. Peter

Peter New Member

I think we will be eating fish away from the hotel. I didn’t come all the way to India to eat fish tasting like my country. I came to India to enjoy all the fine spices used in food.

7. Maple

Maple New Member

Being a pescetarian, this is particularly important to me. I eat fish and seafood almost exclusively when I am traveling, so I'm happy to hear it will be readily available.

8. Travis

Travis New Member

I too love seafood. I have been dying for some cooked shrimp in curry or chutney sauce lately. Around where we live the Indian cuisine isn’t that good.

9. Arianne

Arianne Member

Seafood is my favorite and I'd love to try it with spices. I wonder how it would taste with tandoori spice. I use tandoori quite often on my potatoes and chicken because I love the taste.

10. JoJo

JoJo New Member

I grew up in a household that ate a variety of seafood at every opportunity. My mom especially loved calamari. Is it possible to get this dish in India? How is it prepared there?