1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret Places

Discussion in 'Trekking and Mountaineering' started by Josh, Nov 22, 2015.

?

Do you prefer the road less traveled?

1. Yes!

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Josh

Josh New Member

Every time I go on a trip, no matter where, I always like to stumble across areas that not many know about while hiking. What are some of your favorite "secret spots" to visit or have visited while in India?

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

Although I would love to come across areas that not many people know about, I have read about some places. Some of these places my family and friends have come across, and you can not call them lesser known but areas which you would find which are worth the visit not just when hiking but from road trips aswell.

Gesang La Trek, Arunachal Pradesh: This challenging trek in the Eastern Himalayas boasts stunning scenery with snow-capped peaks, glaciers, and meadows bursting with wildflowers. You'll also experience the rich culture of the local Monpa tribe.

Zanskar Valley, Ladakh: This remote valley, known for its stark beauty and ancient monasteries, offers a glimpse into a different way of life. You can find hidden caves and gompas (monasteries) while trekking through this scenic region.

Meghalaya Living Root Bridges, Cherrapunji: Explore the unique living root bridges, a marvel of bioengineering, woven from the aerial roots of banyan trees by the War Khasi tribe. The trek through the lush rainforests of Meghalaya will lead you to these hidden gems.

Belum Caves, Andhra Pradesh: Embark on a spelunking adventure in Belum Caves, one of the largest cave systems in India. These ancient caves hold hidden chambers, stalactites, and stalagmites waiting to be discovered.

Deserted Beaches of Lakshwadeep Islands: Escape to the pristine beaches of the Lakshwadeep Islands, far from the crowds. These hidden paradises offer crystal-clear turquoise waters, coral reefs, and opportunities for snorkeling and diving.

Mountain Villages of Uttarakhand: Uttarakhand offers numerous hidden gems. Explore lesser-known villages like Saur village, known for its scenic beauty and untouched charm, or Galaria village, nestled amidst apple orchards and breathtaking views.