1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping bag or blanket for overynight train ride

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Anita12992, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Anita12992

Anita12992 New Member

Hi

I will be taking an overnight train ride from Old Delhi to Bangalore on 3 Feb, and I was just wondering if I need to take my sleeping bag or blankets for overnight journey or it is available in the train. I know my question is basic and very silly, but your answer will be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Anita

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

If you are planning to travel by Non AC Sleeper then Yes, you must carry your sleeping bag or a warm blanket but if you are traveling in 2Tier AC, 3Tier AC or First Class then there is no need to carry your sleeping bag as you will get it in the train (without any additional cost). Every passenger of AC class gets two bedsheets, one pillow and one blanket on the berth itself.

3. Anita12992

Anita12992 New Member

Do they provide clean and hygienic blankets or it is second hand stuff which keeps rotating.

4. Aadi

Aadi Member

You always get clean and fresh bed-sheets and blankets wrapped in brown paper. If you are too much particular about things, then prefer carrying your own blanket/sleeping bag.

5. Prits

Prits Member

If you are a clean freak like me then I suggest you take your own sleeping bag, it would be better than taking a dirty blanket.