1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Srinagar to Gulmarg Travel Time

Discussion in 'North India' started by Gurbaksh, May 24, 2016.

1. Gurbaksh

Gurbaksh New Member

My arrival at Srinagar airport is for the purpose of staying in Srinagar, which is for a duration of 7 days.

A place which I did not consider at the time of planning my holiday was Gulmarg, and it had only come to my mind a day ago.
    To fit in Gulmarg to my Srinagar trip, I need to know the Srinagar to Gulmarg travel time?

As I won't have my car, I will need to get a taxi to Gulmarg, please can members give an idea of how much a taxi would cost.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

The distance from Srinagar to Gulmarg is 49 kms. That's about one to two hours of travel time. The taxi fare varies but expect to pay between Rs 2,200 to Rs 2,500. If it's the snow season, you would need 4x4 vehicles to ride. The hotels usually offer these types of vehicles, price ranges from Rs 2,500 to Rs 3,000. You can also opt for shared taxis, if you're travelling with a group. You'd need to pay at least Rs 150 per head or more for this.

Keep in mind that temperatures around Gulmarg stay around zero degrees almost all year round. So you'd have to opt for 4x4 vehicles even for just getting around the city. You also need to bring the proper clothes and accessories to stay warm. Otherwise, you can also rent these types of clothes in shops.

I hope you enjoy your trip and take care!