1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taj Mahal Opening Times

Discussion in 'North India' started by Backpacker, May 1, 2015.

1. Backpacker

Backpacker New Member

I'm going to be in Agra next week to see the Taj Mahal, I want to get there quite early but am very unclear to the opening times. I have been on the official Taj Mahal website and even on there it is unclear to the timings. Can someone please clarify for me what the actual opening times are for the Taj Mahal.

2. Prits

Prits Member

Taj Mahal is open for viewing from sunrise till sunset. Ticket counters open at sun rise but the Southern gate opens at 8am until 5PM regardless of when the sun sets or rises.
    Tickets are free for children under the age of 15.

Tickets for foreign visitors is Rs 750 and for domestic tourists it is only Rs20 per person.

3. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

If you want to be there early at sunrise make sure you are at the eastern gate.

4. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Entry is free for everyone on Fridays as the ticket counters don't open atall on Fridays :)

5. Deven

Deven Member

Even the Taj Mahal is not open on Fridays to the general public...;)

6. JaiPatra

JaiPatra New Member

I didn't know that Taj Mahal opens that early, so if sunrise is at 5.30am then Taj Mahal would open at that time?

7. KK

KK Member

That is quite early 5.30am, what do you guys recommend visiting the Taj Mahal early in the morning or late night?

8. Prits

Prits Member

Both times are different and experiencing viewing the Taj Mahal early morning and at night can not really be compared. Try both times if you can, if not then choose which ever time is convenient for you.