1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Perfect Guy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by fatema, Sep 9, 2015.

1. fatema

fatema New Member

Does a perfect guy really exits out there? So, this guy really liked me a lot! We went out on one date, we both had an amazing time. Then, school was about to start. I told him if he would wait for me until school started, so I know my schedule and aren't to busy for a boyfriend. He was so understanding, he said he would wait. Then my friend sent me a text saying she saw him kissing another girl at the park. I confronted him, and he started lying to me. I don't know if I should give him another chance? I really did like him. Does second chances matter?

2. Rubie

Rubie New Member

It is commonly said that nobody is perfect, so i don't think there is a perfect guy. Maybe there's a good one but not a 100%. Although there's no perfect man, I think a perfect coulple exist. If you find a man that you fell in love and loves you back, then the combination is perfect.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I have to agree that no one is perfect either, but if someone breaks your trust so early in a potential relationship then I wouldn't want anything to do with them! I think you have to be very careful of who you trust - maybe that makes me sound bitter but I think it's true!!

4. btalivny

btalivny Member

Perfection is impossible and improbable. You must scrape the best out of an individual and piece it together from that. If you expect too much, you will be disappointed. If you expect to little, you will not be satisfied. You must know yourself and what you desire most in a person and try to seek it out like that.

greybird29 and Gabydi like this.
  5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I actually watched a video online about this sort of concept recently...all about expectation management and the idea of an expectation gap. Sometimes when our expectations are so high (to the point of being unachievable for others to meet) it can be tough to maintain relationships.

6. glockman

glockman New Member

The first time someone lies in a relationship is your cue to run for the hills. I agree that there is no perfect person, but there are good people with acceptable flaws. For instance, you might find Prince Charming, perfect gentleman, gentle lover, funny guy but he drinks too much. Its all about perspective.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Nobody is perfect, no matter how much you think they might be, and I think people need to be careful as they tend to put certain people on a pedestal and think they can do no wrong.

If you do that then I think your setting yourself up for disappointment. The trick is to not look for the perfect person, but a person that is perfect for you.

greybird29 likes this.
  8. greybird29

greybird29 New Member

No there is not a perfect guy or human on this planet. I agree with the comment “the trick is not to look for the perfect person but the person that is perfect for you”. If he told you he would wait, then seen kissing another lady, then lied to you I would be very weary of him. What if your friend had not seen him being untrue; would he have just strung you along while cheating on you? If someone is going to lie and cheat on me then I have no use for them; once bitten twice shy.
    There was a time I caught my new husband in bed with my childhood best friend; it was heartbreaking. He blamed her claiming she seduced him and he let his manhood get the best of him. I mauled it over and made the decision to give my marriage another chance. About six months later opps there he was back in bed with another “friend” of mine. I was not as heartbroken as I she was not my best friend that I grew up with and fully trusted. That was the end of my marriage. I now have a wonderful husband of over 20 years that I fully trust and love; not that he is perfect yet he is the “perfect person” for me.
    Giving him a “second chance” is a decision only you can make. As the old saying goes “burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me” burn me three times is not charming. Best wishes on whatever decision you make; good luck.

pwarbi likes this.
  9. RajaApull

RajaApull New Member

Perfect guy is me. I make tons of money from my mixtapes. I am a really good looking man and I have tons of ab muscles. The women love Raja Apull

10. Oropherion

Oropherion New Member

Perfection is subjective. Someone who's perfect for one individual might be completely wrong for another. No human is without imperfections, but the right imperfections can attribute to another person's ideal of perfection.

In any case, I wouldn't want to be the one who sees lying, cheating, dishonest scum as anything near "perfection".

greybird29 likes this.
  11. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

When you're out dating it's best not to have pre-conceived notions about people and don't be judgemental after all you're going out to meet new people and getting to know them-- don't expect much and remember that the secret to happiness is lowered expectations. LOL. I've never experienced love at first sight so I don't recommend you dismiss dating candidates just because of one thing they did that annoyed you. It's best to be open about people and accepting about people and ignore the qualities you don't like in favor of their deeper kindness.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think when people look for a relationship they go with high expectations and do want perfection. They look at movies and think that's how life is, all romance and being swept off their feet.

In real life though that certainly isn't how it is, and as soon as people realise that, that's when they actually start looking at people for who they really are, instead of what they can offer them.

13. JeanFrances

JeanFrances New Member

There is definitely no such thing as a perfect man, the same way as there is no such thing as a perfect woman! It is our imperfections that make us human. You seem very quick to assume he is lying, are you certain of this though? Could your friend be mistaken, or could it even be that she is the one not being completely honest? Maybe there is some jealousy at work here? Why not talk to him again, see what he has to say, and listen with an open mind. If you still believe he is not telling the truth, then kick him into touch!