1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Hill Stations in India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Travel Freak, Jul 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Travel Freak

Travel Freak New Member

When going on holiday within India, people prefer hill stations and the reason for this is that these days cities have become very populated and crowded, full of pollution and weather conditions during the summers are not good . To get away from all this people go to the nearest hill station to get fresh air, see some greenery and relax.
    Here is a list of the top hill stations in India.

Tamil Nadu
    Ooty
    Coonoor
    Agastya Mala
    Kodaikanal

Himachal Pradesh
    Shimla
    Manali
    Kufri
    Chamba
    Dalhousie
    Kasauli

Kerala
    Thekkady
    Munnar

West Bengal
    Darjeeling
    Kalimpong

Uttrakhand
    Nainital
    Mussoorie
    Almora
    Kausani
    Munsiyari
    Auli

Maharashtra
    Khandala
    Lonavala
    Mahabaleshwar
    Malshej Ghat

Sikkim
    Gangtok
    Pelling
    Yumthang Valley

Jammu & Kashmir
    Leh/Ladakh
    Pahalgam

Rajasthan
    Mount Abu

Karnataka
    Coorg

Haryana
    Morni Hills

Arunachal Pradesh
    Bomdila
    Ziro
    Tawang

Assam
    Haflong

Gujarat
    Saputara

Meghalaya
    Jowai
    Cherrapunjee

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

It would be better if you could name hill station in particular state Like -
    Himachal Pradesh :
    #Shimla
    #Kullu etc
    Then Tamil Nadu:
    #Ooty etc..

It would be easier for everyone to pick their holiday hill spot

Chahal likes this.

3. Akshay

Akshay Member

Morni Hills, a hill station in Haryana? This is the first that I have heard of it, is it an actual hill station or just a tourist place?

Sent from my 6043D using Tapatalk

4. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

Oh, I’ve heard wonders of Kasauli, it’s a colonial town that is like six thousand feet above sea level, so the altitude can be challenging. I think that people who are not used to the extreme hot temperatures would find this place amazing, because a friend told me this was the place in India she felt the most comfortable in.

I would love to visit many places, but Kasauli seems so tranquil and pleasant. I’m not sure if it’s full of tourists in the season, but for what I’ve heard and seen it seems like a lovely place.

By the way, thank you for this list, you make it so much easier for all of us who don’t know much about India!

ChaiNashta and Chahal like this.
  5. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Mount Abu is a hill station but it is still really hot in summer's but the temperature is a few degrees less than the plains. I won't really go there in Summers because it won't be any different from the rest of Rajasthan.