1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Train Travel in India

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Macey, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Macey

Macey New Member

I am going to India in October this year and thinking of travelling to the major destinations in India via train. It has not been finalized that train would be the only mode of transport but I would prefer it. Before deciding anything I would like some questions answered in regards to train travel in India.

What are the different classes for train travelers?

What is the easiest way to book train tickets?

How safe is it traveling by train?

Would you recommend a foreigner traveling by train?

Please provide any other information which would be necessary to know. Thank you.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

There is a very nice thread about different travel classes in trains that you will find very helpful.

You can book a ticket on IRCTC official website or go to some travel agent who would book it for you and charge a small fee.

Using a little common sense makes our trains very safe to travel. Just dont eat anything from fellow passengers and buy a confirmed ticket not a general one.

Ofcourse yes. One all the touristy train routs you will find lots of foreigners.

3. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

A foreigner should prefer to travel by Rajdhani,Shatabdi or Duronto(these are safer trains w.r.t thieves,Pick-pockets etc.)

Train travell is must for any invader! the experience is azmaing specially when travveling via southern and western railways ;)