1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel companions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Debby1977, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Debby1977

Debby1977 New Member

Hi

I am 38F traveling to India with my two kids (9yo and 11yo), we are flying from Sofia to New Delhi and plan to spend one week there, after that we will head towards Goa for a week and later will end our tour in Pondicherry or Kerala. Anyone with or without kids interested in planning some travelling time together?

Drop me a message if you want to tag along :)

Regards,
    Debra

2. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

I have been planning to go to Goa for some time now but my husband cannot take time off from work so it has been dragged on and on. I would be happy to discuss about going to Goa but my plan is atleast a week and a half. I can also help getting better room prices as I know the way things work around here as I have been living in India for a couple of years now. Dont have any kids yet and I am a 31 year old white female.

Send me a PM if you like the idea. I am in Delhi so might help you out with some of the sight seeing here as well.

3. Selvie

Selvie New Member

Wow. Debra I wish I could be so trusting as you are. How do you know who you are really making plans with online. Please be careful about giving too many personal or private details too quickly.

First check out the person you will be meeting and travelling with. Throughout the world, people and especially children are disappearing all the time. Take care and be safe. I do wish you a safe and happy trip.

Sramana and Alexandoy like this.
  4. cabrannon529

cabrannon529 New Member

Sadly, with stuff like this, I've been burned before. I don't doubt you, Debra, but I've been tricked into scams with this kind of stuff, and these kinds of requests before. While I'm sure Debra is being honest, be aware, people. Have a safe trip!

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

We have traveled to several countries getting accommodation via online. Our only assurance is the popular website booking.com which had been tried by friends already. And the hotel we choose is somewhat pricey, that is better than getting a cheap one that may put us in trouble. And when the place is not that safe (as per our impression) we get a tour package so we would have guidance on what places to go to. In out trip to Bangkok, we wouldn't have enjoyed it without that friendly tour guide. We were even able to go to the red light district just for an experience.