1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel From Delhi to Varanasi

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Adarsh, May 28, 2016.

1. Adarsh

Adarsh New Member

I am from Delhi and want to go to Varanasi. I need some suggestion on the following points. Please be kind enough to answer them.
    • What is the best way to travel from Delhi to Varanasi?
    • What is the fastest way to reach Varanasi?
    • How many days should be spent at Varanasi?
    • What should be seen in Varanasi apart from the obvious the river Ganga?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! I'll try my best to answer your questions:
    • What is the best way to travel from Delhi to Varanasi? The best way would be via airplane, it's the most comfortable and convenient, but it can be expensive. There are trains and buses as well, but it can take longer and they can be overcrowded.
    • What is the fastest way to reach Varanasi? The fastest would be via an airplane. Some examples of airlines from Delhi are Air India, JetKonnect, SpiceJet and IndiGo. From the Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport, it takes about an hour before you can reach Varanasi if you take a taxi. It will take about two hours if you take a bus from the airport. If you'd like to take the train, it can take about 13 hours from Delhi to Varanasi. There are three major stations in Varanasi: Varanasi Junction, Manduadhi Station and Mughal Sarai Junction.
    • How many days should be spent at Varanasi? I think anywhere from three to four days would be enough. During day one, you can see the temples like Bharat Mata and Tulsi Mantas. Day two should be spent on the Ganges with a boat tour and maybe some shopping during the afternoon. Day three should be visiting the Alamgir Mosque and the Buddhist Stupas. Then you can leave in the afternoon of day three.
    • What should be seen in Varanasi apart from the obvious the river Ganga? A few other important destinations would be the Banaras Ghats, Assi Ghat, Sarnath and the Ramnagar Fort. I mentioned a possible itinerary for you above as well and those are the must see destinations.
    I hope this helps!

3. Kritika

Kritika New Member

Hi there!
    You should go Varanasi via air and it is the fastest mode to reach there. And answer to your third and fourth questions is that 3-4 days are more than enough to explore the lanes of Varanasi through the mirror of time. As the Varanasi , one of the oldest living city has lot to offer in terms of travelling like exploring all the age old temples and appreciating the architectural excellence, Bharat Mata Temple, Monkey Temple, Ramnagar Fort, Bharat Kala Bhavan, BHU, or you could take a boat ride in the river Ganga and to wrap the trip in the most memorable way take part in the evening prayer on the banks of Ganga , it will not only uplift your spirit but also redefine your spiritualism. You would see this place with new lens and appreciate for what it has been giving to the people. And if you really into Varanasi then you should visit in festive months especially in Makarsankranti and Kumbh where you would witness the spirituality takig zenith at this place only and also known as the one of the massive religious gathering on earth. Great trip to enjoy. Thanks

4. shanayamathur

shanayamathur New Member

If you want to travel Varanasi from Delhi than you can choose railway service or flight service any one mode you like.