1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travelling To Alwar From Delhi

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by HIraeth, Oct 17, 2015.

1. HIraeth

HIraeth Member

What is the best and cheapest way of travelling from delhi to Alwar? I'm planning a weekend trip to the city, mostly to visit the famed Bhangar Fort, besides soaking in the other historical relics and natural beauty. However, I'm on a tight student budget and was wondering what would be my best option? Also, any ideas about hotels, guest houses or dharmshalas there?

2. catch a train from Delhi to Dausa and use state road transport, or Jeep ride in rural Rajasthan for Bhagarh. 2nd option is pick a private sleeper bus from fateh puri or Dhoula Kuan to Dausa via Alwar bypass.

HIraeth likes this.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello!

The distance between Delhi and Alwar is about 153.9 kms. That's about 3 to 4 hours of travel time depending on traffic and delays. Your transportation options are:
    • Taxi. The most expensive transportation means, expect to pay anywhere between Rs. 3,170 to Rs. 4,000.
    • Bus. You have two options for buses: Volvo Buses and Local Buses. With the Volvo Buses, you can reach Alwar in two and half hours. With Local Buses, it's longer, maybe three to four hours. Of course, Volvo Buses can be more expensive but if you'd like to reach Alwar faster, then it's your best option for that. A Volvo Bus can cost anywhere between Rs. 599 to Rs. 700 while a Local Bus can cost anywhere between Rs. 300 to Rs. 500.
    • Train. There are about 24 trains running from Delhi to Alwar. Many of these trains depart from the Delhi Cantonment Railway Station and arrive in Alwar Junction Railway Station. Expect about two to three hours of travel time. Fare varies but cheapest is at Rs. 140 and most expensive is at Rs. 1,235.
    You can either opt for a local bus or a SL train class since you're on a tight budget. For cheap accommodations on Alwar, here they are:
    • Imperial Guest House. Located in 1, Manu Marg Alwar District. This is a great and comfortable guest house. The owners are very warm and hospitable. Rates start at Rs. 300 per night.
    • Hotel Ashoka. Their Air Cooler Room is priced at Rs. 800 only per night. Great for backpackers and students on tight budget. Located at Manu Marg, Bus Stand, Alwar.
    • Maan Hotel and Restaurant. Located in 200 Feet Bypass Road, Opposite Rajesh Motors, Alwar. Rates start at Rs. 999 for a Standard AC Room.
    I hope this helps!