1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trek From Zeropoint To Gurudongmar Lake Via Dongkha La Pass And Cho Lhamu Lake

Discussion in 'Sikkim' started by Tanmaya, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Tanmaya

Tanmaya Member

I was looking at Sikkim treks and while looking at the map I am wondering if it is possible to do a trek from Zero point to Gurudongmar lake through the Dongkha la pass and also see Cho Lhamu Lake on the way as it looks fairly close to Gurudongmar on the map but dont know if there is a route from Cho Lhamu Lake to Gurudongmar lake.

I would appreciate if some one could help me plan this trek or if this trek is even possible.

2. Talking Monkey

Talking Monkey New Member

Been there, done that :) It is a very nice trek and the lakes are beautiful. I am surprised you spelt the name of Dongkha la pass correctly because most people spell it wrong and some even call it donkila pass or even donkey pass.

***Post reserved *** Will reply tomorrow as it is going to be a length reply and it is 11 PM already.

3. Tanmaya

Tanmaya Member

I keep checking here for your reply every few days. Could you possibly post a not so detailed reply so I have an idea of what to expect.

4. Hey Tanmaya. Did you got any answer yet ?
    I am planning to figure that out around end of April in my Mahindra Thar

5. Tanmaya

Tanmaya Member

I was hoping this monkey would talk but that seems to be a distant dream now. I did find out that it is possible but I would need a guide for that route. I was planning last year but due to lack of information, I had to drop the idea. I am hoping to go this year in summer.

6. All the best to you this time.