1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa issue for people of Pakistani origin

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Nadianoor, Dec 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Nadianoor

Nadianoor New Member

Hi

I am thinking of making a family holiday to India soon. I am born in UK but my husband was born in Pakistan, although he is in UK from last 40 years. I have heard that people of Pakistani origin face a lot of difficulty to get Visa for India. Does anyone know of any such complications and what precautions we should take? Any advice or tips please..

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Firstly if your husband or his parents belong to areas that are illegally occupied by Pakistan (POK) then it is very unlikely that he would get a visa but otherwise thousands of Pakistanis are granted all kinds of visas. Lot of Pakistani artists work in the Indian film industry so India does not give anyone a hard time, it is just that for Pakistanis they do extra checks and it obviously takes time.

3. commentator

commentator New Member

Hi you mention that he is living in UK last 40 years. Even if he was born in pakistan but if now he is holding a British citizenship than he do not have problem to get a visa because India have visa on arrival policy for the british citizen ( i believe that he should have British citizenship because you born in but if he is pakistan citizenship than he need sponsorship from India ( sponsorship from your family member who is living in india) Like a letter like a sponsorship letter need to be submitted nearest Indian high commision where that applicant is living .The Indian government official should also attach a self-attested copy of their photo identity card along with his/her contact number (landline preferable) along with the sponsorship certificate. Any two of these documents of the Indian invitee: passport (preferred), copy of electricity bill, telephone bill, ration card, election card, clearly mentioning the address and contact numbers.
    do not worry there are not much problem for genuine applicants .