1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visiting Mussoorie in Summers or Winters

Discussion in 'Uttarakhand' started by RitaP, Apr 27, 2015.

1. RitaP

RitaP New Member

I would like to make a trip to Mussoorie, but am confused whether I should go in the summers or winters. I think both seasons are good and I am only guessing that the summer season is more of a crowded time.

If going in the winters what activities or attractions can be seen then? Kempti Falls is probably out of the question as that is best seen in summers.

Is there snow in Mussoorie during the winters?

2. Deven

Deven Member

To be honest visiting Mussoorie in both seasons is a must, both seasons will give you a different experience and different feel and view of the place. It is true that some things are best seen in the summers like Kempti Falls but the same applies in winters for Camels Back Road.
    Yes there is snow in the winters.

3. Akshay

Akshay Member

Places like these are more popular during the summer season simply because the weather is more pleasant than the surround areas like Delhi, Punjab Haryana etc. People do visit in the winters but not as much and those who do travel like the cold weather as well, those who don't like the cold weather you wont find them going to places like Mussoorie or Manali in winters. If you do like winters then I would suggest you go in both seasons to get a different experience from both seasons.

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

You wont see snow every year because some times they dont get any snow atall. If you want to see snow then you will have to go a few kilometers further up.

5. Arpit

Arpit New Member

You also have a choice for Nainital, which is close to Delhi, and I think that Nainital is best only in the summers.

6. Ronit

Ronit New Member

I prefer going to Mussoorie in the summers, it is much better seeing the hill station during the summer season when there is no fog and also the main attraction Kempti Falls can also be enjoyed.

7. Jas

Jas New Member

I had the same issue when we first made a decision to go the Mussoorie. As it was summer we went to Mussoorie and decided that we would also go in the winters, the two different seasons give a different experience and the place looks totally different. In the winters I would recommend Camels Back Road, well worth the ride or walk there during the morning.

8. RitaP

RitaP New Member

Thank you for the advise members, from all the responses I think it is a destination to visit in both seasons. So first visit will be this next week! Then some day we would make a winter visit to Mussoorie as well.