1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather in Gulmarg in August

Discussion in 'Jammu & Kashmir' started by Mitesh, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Mitesh

Mitesh New Member

Would someone please give some information about the weather in Gulmarg in August.

I plan to visit Gulmarg mid-August for about eight days, and I would be interested in going out and exploring the place, and if possible taking part in the some of the snow sports they provide there.

Along with the weather information, I would also like to know what all sports are available to do in Gulmarg in August.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Mitesh! Welcome to the forum!

Monsoon season at Gulmarg is during the months of July to August. However, Gulmarg is considered an all-year round destination. So even if you visit during this time, you can still enjoy Gulmarg. Maybe just schedule your trip towards the end of August so you can avoid the heavy rains.

If you want to see lush greeneries and meadows, then August will be the perfect month for you. Unfortunately, if you want to see snow falling, you won't enjoy August as much since snow doesn't fall during this time. There would still be snow but not as much as other destinations.

There's not much activities you can do in August. Here's a list of activities you can do in Gulmarg during August:

• Snowshoeing
    • Gondola Ride
    • Golf
    I hope this helps!