1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wedding Shopping Sales In India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by MeenuDevgun, Feb 23, 2016.

1. MeenuDevgun

MeenuDevgun New Member

I am getting married next year, and will be making a trip to India for shopping. I know that sales go on at big brand shops in India, so getting something for a discount would be a bonus, but as I don't live in India I don't know when the sales are.
    Would someone who knows the correct answer please give me the rough dates when sales start in India and how long they last for.
    Also please suggest the best places to visit in India for wedding shopping.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

It actually depends. There's end of the year sales which usually happens from December to January. At the latest, it can be during the end of January that this type of sales happens. And it can last for up to the first week or more during February. It's a great idea to buy clothes during this time because they usually are clearing up old stocks for newer designs and items. Maybe you can find wedding dresses during this time as well. Make sure you look at department stores as they have quite good items in there too.

There's also the end of season sales that happen at the end of each season. It depends on where you visit though as some places have snow, while others don't have them. And of course, seasons range and happen differently in different areas in India. So you need to find out just what season the place you're visiting will be. This way, you can take advantage of the end of the season sales.

You can check out websites and even ads on newspapers and tarpaulins to see when these sales are going to happen. That's the best way you can find out about them accurately.

I hope this helps!