1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Experiences Should I Not Miss?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Omondieve, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Omondieve

Omondieve New Member

Hallos. I'll be travelling to Mumbai on a business trip in April. I'll be there for about 3 days and I want to do about 5 things that will make me experience the Indian culture in a short time. Any ideas? It could be food, concerts, markets, museums etc. Thanks in advance.

2. jigisha

jigisha New Member

While in mumbai you should definitely not miss the queens necklace. Its located at marine drive, next to the sea. The view there is awesome. Then there is Gateway of India loated at Colaba. While youare there you can also go shopping at colaba causeway. For branded shopping there is high street phoenix at lower parel. Its a huge mall with many food joints. If you like to see temples then there is one jain temple at malabar hill. Its a must see.
    If you can handle spicy food then try pani puri and sev puri. They are easily available at a roadside vendor. You'll find unlimited food restaurants in mumbai. You can try all different cuisines.
    If you like art you can visit Jehangir art gallery.

Admin likes this.

3. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

If you want to experience India, you should always try Indian cuisines from roadside dhabas. You are exposed to India when you visit local markets instead of big shopping malls.

4. swalia

swalia Guest

If going to Mumbai, you should not miss the famous vada pav and bhel puri at the beach. Siddhi Vinayak Mandir is another major attraction of Mumbai. And so is the Gateway of India.

5. Rayne

Rayne New Member

I would love to try some of the roadside vendors Vinaya. However, I understand that some of them can be unsanitary and I certainly don't want to get sick while I'm there. How do you tell the difference in the ones that are clean and the ones that are not?

6. M.Nayak

M.Nayak Member

In my opinion if you like to know about it's major religion,history & architecture then please don't miss to have an day tour to Elefenta caves,island...beaches are also nice but can be seen anywhere in the world,visit Sidhi vinayak,temple,Mahalaxmi temple,Haji ali mosque are also must see along with some excellent museums..

7. rz3300

rz3300 Member

The one place that I had to visit when I was planning my visit to India was The Ganges river. I have always been fascinated by it since I was a kid and have read some really good literature about it and with it as a central part to the story, so I just felt like I needed to see it. Learning more about it and actually experiencing it was one of the better moments in my life.

8. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

A good tip on telling which roadside vendors are sanitary or not is watching which ones have a lot of business. This is true of all places, since people flock to their favorites. You will be able to get a decent idea just by looking at a vendor. But also, most people blame these places for getting sick, when it is not their fault. Travel makes people sick, since every location has different bacteria, and your own biology is off from jet lag, and stress. People having problems is more from that than food poisoning, but we always blame the food.

I think just walking around is an important one. It is not the same to walk around landmarks and tourist sites. But getting an idea of the people, or normal life, just by going down the streets is important. It is the best way to observe how cultures are different, and the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
  9. joshkhtan

joshkhtan New Member

Just naming some ideas off the top of my head:
    • Gateway of India
    • Girgaum Chowpatty
    • EsselWorld
    • Elephanta Caves
    • Jenhangir Art Gallery