1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Is The One Place You Regretted Visiting?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Sharath S, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Sharath S

Sharath S Member

After all these years of travelling are there any place/s that you guys have regretted visiting, and felt that it was a wrong decision going there? The reason can be bad weather, bad experience, hygienic problems, food issues, water problem, bad environment or health issues that you have faced. Comment below and also mention the spot you visited and the issue you faced. This will not only be a guide to others but will also prevent them from making this mistake.

2. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

I went to a developing country in Asia once, I don't want to say but they were primarily an Islamic country. The weather was fine, the food was good but they were really conservative so it was hard to be myself or to be alone with myself. I needed a man near me all the time and I had to wear the culturally appropriate dress. The lifestyle change was difficult. I didn't regret visiting the country but I don't think I'll return ever again.

3. integrity101

integrity101 Member

While studying in India, I once visited the Bollywood city of Mumbai and dared to venture close to the sprawling neighborhood of Dharavi. What struck me most, something I will always remember, is the huge number of child beggars all over the place. We had been instructed not to give cash to the kids but it was just difficult to send them away empty handed. Mumbai is truly awesome but avoid this neighborhood when touring the city.