1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole World's Going Crazy...

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by freddi, Jan 2, 2016.

1. freddi

freddi Member

So I saw in the news that some gunmen have attacked an Indian air base near the border with Pakistan today. It saddens me so much that not a day goes by without some story of guns or bombs being used by terrorists. I mean - war is terrible, obviously, but at least war is generally soldiers fighting other soldiers. It seems so cowardly for people to attack other people who have nothing to do with them and no interest in whatever they're fighting for. Like Paris, and that attack in Tel Aviv the other day? Sometimes I just feel like staying at home and never going out again... :(

Amelie likes this.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Ah, I hear you - it's so hard reading the news sometimes, because there are just hundreds of stories about the bad things happening in the world. I always try and remind myself that even with the state of the world as it is right now, if I am fearful of traveling or doing things, then the terrorists have already won and my life wouldn't really be worth living if I was just cooped up inside all the time.

Amelie likes this.

3. Amelie

Amelie New Member

I know I shouldn't judge people until I've walked a mile in their shoes, but it's just so hard to understand the mindset of these terrorists (and yes, I'm aware I've already judged them by calling them terrorists, but referring to them as freedom fighters just doesn't sit well with me). Why attack innocent people? Has their worldview been so shattered by the pain they presumably suffer from that they can justify taking the lives of strangers willy nilly?

4. Off the cuff

Off the cuff New Member

The scariest thing is that you can't reason with people who believe so passionately in something - no matter what it is. The fallout is massive, and includes the fear that such actions spread.

5. freddi

freddi Member

I think that's what freaks me out the most. I love my life, but there isn't anything in it that I have such a passion for that I'd be willing to kill or be killed for it. I mean, obviously I love my family, but if it came down to it, I genuinely don't believe I could sacrifice my life even for them. To do it just for a religious or political opinion (because I know that's what they claim it's all about - even though Islam is actually all about peace) is just beyond my comprehension.

6. Amelie

Amelie New Member

I'm with you, @freddi. I also can't imagine myself being so passionately involved in something that I'll sacrifice even LIFE for it. I remember reading something disturbing, though, about how some of these terrorists/freedom fighters have been groomed since birth specifically for these tasks. They're like robots that are designed in service of the organization. I have no way of verifying this, but if it were true, then my heart goes out to them. They really didn't stand a chance.

7. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

The world has gone terribly, terribly wrong and confusing. It seems like principles, morals and respect are gone out the window. It doesn't matter to terrorists whether these people are innocent, they have to have revenge and get what they want. It is truly frightening but especially so for people who live in those countries. I can't imagine the children, the elderly, how they face day to day life with threats of death and torture around them. How can they even sleep peacefully when you never even know if somebody's going to knock down your door and kill you?

8. Shaka

Shaka New Member

Today it seems that people just want to fight or have a war with boarding countries. I still don't understand why they would want to attack the air base. I have a few friends from Pakistan and they seem so friendly. I have been invited to a few wedding in Pakistan, but it was impossible to get the time off work to go. I just wish the world would find peace and people could live in harmony.