1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's Your Favorite Indian Movie Or Tv Star?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Gabydi, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

This thread is inspired in my favorite TV show and my favorite character Raj Koothrappali. His real name is Kunal Nayyar, but God this guy can make me laugh for hours! I love Raj’s character in this show, he’s hilarious and sweet and his parents are super funny too.

Is he very famous in India too?

What about you? Who's your favorite TV or movie star?

amelia88 likes this.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I adore the Big Bang Theory and Raj is absolutely a favorite character of mine.

I also love Mindy Kaling, if you haven't seen the show The Mindy Project I absolutely recommend it. Mindy also appeared in the American version of the TV show The Office as Kelly Kapoor. Mindy was born in the USA but both her parents were born in India.

Gabydi likes this.

3. studentlibrary

studentlibrary New Member

My favorite TV star and movie star would have to be Aishwarya Rai.I always loved her role in Dhoom 2, I became a fan of Bollywood movies after I watched this movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015
  4. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

Oh God I love this show, she's very funny. I watched it because I was a big fan of the Office, but now they cancelled the show only after three seasons. I hate it when they do that, they're so disrespectful. They don't consider all of us who truly liked it and followed it. I couldn't even see how it ends, have you seen the end?

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Fox cancelled the Mindy Project after the third series but it's still being produced! A paid TV service here in the States called Hulu bought the rights to the show! So we don't have to go without it!!

Gabydi likes this.
  6. harpazo22

harpazo22 New Member

Dev Patel from the movie Chappie and he's a fantastic actor! Other than that, Anziz Ansari is funny too.

7. Oropherion

Oropherion New Member

Nobody has mentioned Slumdog Millionaire yet? As @harpazo22 mentioned, Dev Patel is a great actor, and that's my favorite movie he acted in. Even though he was born in Britain, he is definitely of Indian descent.

Gabydi likes this.
  8. Devendra patel

Devendra patel New Member

Salman khan is my favourite Indian movie star.Because his style ,his acting and his performance inspire me.I wait for every new release movie of salman with great joy.

9. DevilKid

DevilKid New Member

Since no one has answered it yet, Kunal isn't as famous in India as he is in USA. There are a lot of reasons for this; mainly being that not many people speak English and even if they do, they don't really watch American shows. However, there are quite a lot of people in big cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore (especially the younger generation) who have started watching American shows and know about Kunal and other American Indian actors.

Regarding the main question of your post; I don't have a single favourite movie star. There are quite a few who are pretty good at what they do, mainly Ranbir Kapoor, Imran Khan and Naseeruddin Shah. I don't usually follow stars but the story of what they act in. If the story is good, I will like the movie/star. If it isn't, I will really dislike the star even if it was one of my favourite movie stars.

Gabydi likes this.
  10. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

I saw Aishwarya Rai in the list of the most beautiful women in the world and definitely agree. She's also an award-winning actor. Mindy Kaling has to be my second choice because she's an incredible comedian, love the show The Mindy Project. Dev Pattel was also pretty good in Slumdog Millionaire he's young and has a bright future ahead of him I'm definitely following his career.

11. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

Oh, I have totally forgotten Slumdog Millionaire and Dev Patel. I just saw him in this crazy movie Marigold Hotel. I love him how could I forget about him? Besides he’s not just funny, he’s a bad ass as well. I saw his bio and it turns out he also has won medals in Taekwon-Do in world championships.

12. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Ahh, can't believe I didn't think of this one straight off the bat! It's a brilliant movie, I have watched it several times. It's no wonder it was so critically acclaimed - the acting in it was excellent.

13. Oropherion

Oropherion New Member

He's definitely an inspirational figure. He could probably beat up any critics that don't like his movies, lol. It's always nice to see all different kinds of talented people getting such universal critical acclaim.

14. innaf93

innaf93 Member

As a film student I really admire Shah rukh khan, because of the enormous film list he has, and I did enjoy one of the newest Bollywood movies :
    Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela, it's quite handful and hectic but fun!

15. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

I don't know about you, but I love old Bollywood Stars. They were so talented! They could act, dance and sing! That is a lot of talent to put into a movie! So much dedication and practice to create films. Bollywood is the best!

16. RajaApull

RajaApull New Member

I adore the Sizably voluminous Bang Theory and Raj is absolutely a favorite character of mine.

I additionally love Mindy Kaling, if you haven't visually perceived the exhibition The Mindy Project I absolutely recommend it. Mindy additionally appeared in the American version of the TV show The Office as Kelly Kapoor. Mindy was born in the USA but both her parents were born in India.