1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Airline Tickets Be Refunded Due To Covid-19?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Pranab, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Pranab

Pranab New Member

My parents had airline tickets booked from Delhi to Canada during May, for obvious reasons they would not be able to travel anymore. Now my question is that would the airline give a full refund back or not?

I am not someone who really believes articles posted on social media sites, which is why I am here to get some correct information about what airline companies are planning to do regarding the refund policy of tickets due to COVID-19.

Any extra advice given would be appreciated.

2. Karan

Karan Member

Have you given the airline company a call?

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Even for those flights that have been cancelled due to lockdown you will not get a full refund from what I have experienced. Air Canada is not refunding my money , not sure about others but I know one thing, I am never flying Air Canada in my life time.

4. Pranab

Pranab New Member

Yes, I have, they have said that I can cancel my tickets but that too with a charge.

I didn't decide anything as mentioned before the ticket is booked for May (to be exact May 27th), so I thought about giving it some time in case there is an option for a full refund.

Damn! I wasn't expecting something like that from a big airline company like Air Canada. I suppose I shouldn't really keep my hopes up then.

5. Prits

Prits Member

The majority of airlines will not give a full refund, because they would simply be in losses, giving the airline industry is already in such a loss, them giving a full refund back to their customers would literally drown them. Also, many customers who have brought tickets from them may consider going to other airlines when they plan their trip after the COVID-19 ends. So what most airline companies are saying is that there is no cancellation charge and a free reschedule of flight dates.

Other than that I don't know of any airline which is giving back a full refund.

6. Admin

My parents tickets were booked through Make my trip for Air Canada and they deducted Rs29000 as cancellation charges for flights that were not even flying any more and the 93000 refund they say they will put it in Make my trip wallet and not transfer to my bank account.

7. Admin

Makemytrip.com refuses to give me even the Rs93000 which they have put into the stupid wallet. I can only spend it on Makemytrip and that too before April 2021 after which this money will be gone. What a joke!

Makemytrip.com you suck!

8. Gayu

Gayu New Member

Whats this news going on that airlines will have refund flight tickets? To what extent is this true, or is the whole talk just a bluff?
    My aunty is in a similar situation, and it would be really good if she is able to get a refund back for her flight to the UK, which was meant for June this year.

9. Shaila

Shaila New Member

Some travel companies and airlines have refunded tickets back but not at the full price. They keep 10% and return the rest back. The best way is to stay in contact with your travel agent or airline and ask them about the refund situation, and when they will get it back. Its something which you have to chase and follow up with the companies.