1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yoga classes in South Delhi

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by RajniSurya, Feb 2, 2017.

1. RajniSurya

RajniSurya New Member

I have moved near South Delhi, and as I am new to the area, I need some help in finding out about some yoga classes in South Delhi.

I can easily go to South Delhi and search myself, but that's not something I have time for or want to do either, so I think it would be better to get some information from a forum.

I would like to know about yoga classes, which have been running for quite some time and are professional.

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

MorarjiDesai National Institute of Yoga, seems the most well established Centre in South Delhi,promoting yoga culture throughout the country. This setup was instituted in the year 1998. It is a government run centre.

Then there is The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Natarajan Society , situated at A41 Kailash Colony, New Delhi. This was established in 1992 by Sri Swami Vishnudevananda

3. Jivan

Jivan New Member

I understand you'd prefer some curated options to save time on your search for established yoga studios in South Delhi. Here are a few well-regarded options to consider:

Arogya Yogshala: Located in East of Kailash, this center prides itself on promoting health and mindfulness through yoga. They offer a wide range of classes suitable for all ages and experience levels, with a focus on personalized attention from their experienced instructors.

Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Nataraja Centre: Known for its classical yoga approach, this center in Kailash Colony has been running for a long time. They offer various yoga styles, including Hatha yoga, and emphasize a holistic approach to yoga practice .

The Yoga Institute Delhi: A renowned yoga institution, this center offers various yoga styles and programs, including teacher training certifications. They focus on traditional yoga practices.

Iyengar Yoga Centre Yogakshema: If you're interested in Iyengar yoga, which uses props for alignment and precision, this center is a great choice. They have been established for a while and have a focus on proper technique .

These are just a few examples, and the best choice for you will depend on your specific yoga goals and preferences. Here are some additional tips for narrowing down your search:

• Consider the style of yoga you're interested in: Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Ashtanga - each offers a different approach.
    • Think about class size and environment: Do you prefer a more intimate setting or a larger group class?
    • Look for reviews online: Reading reviews from past students can give you insights into the instructor's style and the overall studio experience.

By considering these factors and exploring the websites of the studios mentioned above, you should be able to find a yoga class in South Delhi that's a perfect fit for you.