1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Ultimate Guide To Order Food Online

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Vnisha, Feb 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Vnisha

Vnisha New Member

Are you a first timer with online food ordering? Well, if yes, then do not worry. You can rely on this guide to get the right order from the right place and with a discount.

Admin note : Removed spammy link.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016

2. xTinx

xTinx Member

I have a lot of questions about this system. First off, how fast is the delivery? Secondly, is there like a food warranty just in case they inadvertently send us spoiled food or food with questionable ingredients? If it's just canned goods or any food with lengthy expiry date, I wouldn't really mind.

3. Food delivery is new and growing field in India. Like everything else there are a lot of scammers with poor delivery services in India, but there are few like Foodpanda and Zomato which are reasonably reliable. Almost everyday they will have some discount on their sites so keep an eye out for them

4. Elaine Lat

Elaine Lat Member

Food delivery straight to my hotel or lodging is something I might consider if ever there are reasons that I wouldn't want to go out. I'm sure that there are a lot of choices but the question would be if there's a WiFi service available in your hotel or wherever you're staying. You can have a long list of delivery services but how can you order online if there are no means possible? It still is more practical to just walk inside an eatery and order right up.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

From what I know of, Foodpanda is a great food delivery app/site. They deliver your orders quite fast as well, that's why they are used by lots of people. Since they also have an app version, it's quite easy to get acquainted with the mechanics. You only need to fill out your profile and save your favourite restaurants. This way, it's easier to order your favourite foods or dishes. You have the option to pay on delivery or pay via credit card. This app works in cities like Mumbai and Delhi.

Another great app/site to use in India is JustEat. This app doesn't have much of the restaurants as compared to Foodpanda, but it's very popular in cities. You can also pay via credit card or pay cash on delivery. But some users reported that the service of this app isn't as great as others. So that's one thing you'd have to consider before using it.

Lastly, is the undeniably very popular Zomato. This app offers reviews of different restaurants all around the world and including India. It's almost like a social media app just for foodies. The great thing about this app is that it's pretty diverse and has lots of members. So even towns and other cities apart from Mumbai and Delhi are included in this app.

So these are some of the apps any tourist or local in India can use for ordering food online. Apart of course from the online delivery services of famous fast food chains and restaurants.