1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Star Hotels in Kolkata

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Ruhaan, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Ruhaan

Ruhaan New Member

I am going to a friends wedding in Kolkata and need to find a good 3 star to stay at. I know you may think I can stay with my friend, but I find it odd and intruding if staying at someone's house, I prefer staying in a hotel.

My budget is somewhere around Rs1000 to Rs1500 and not exceeding that.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

It's difficult to find three-star hotels within that budget range. However, I was able to find a few, here are some two-star and three-star hotels within your budget in Kolkata:
    • Tiger Inn Hotel. This located about 25 kms away from the airport and about 15 kms away from the railway station. Rooms come with a kitchenette, mini-fridge, bathrobes, complimentary toiletries, internet, television, mini-bar, WiFi, reading lamp and ironing board/iron. Facilities of the hotel include an arcade/game room, banquet/business halls, gardens, restaurants, cafe and a health club. Room rates start at about Rs. 945 per night. Location is at 686, Block I, Near VIP Bazaar, Tagore Park Main Road Tiljala, Kolkata, West Bengal - 700 039.
    • Welcome Regency. This budget hotel has modernity in its hands. Rooms are simple but exude some modern elements. They come with television, hot and cold water in the bathroom and intercom as well. Room service is also available for food. Rates start at Rs. 999 per night. Location is at R/AB/8/1, Raghunathpur (E), Teghoria Taxi Stand, VIP Road, Kolkata - 700 059.
    • Hotel Pushpak International. This budget hotel is located close to the business and commercial centres in Kolkata. They even have AC Dormitory Rooms for Rs. 400 per night. For the AC Standard Single Room though, the rate is at Rs. 1,500 per night. This includes a colour tv, with hot and cold water in the bathroom and WiFi connectivity. Location is at 10, KYD Street, Kolkata, West Bengal 700016.
    • Hotel East Palace. Probably one of the best budget hotels in Kolkata. Rooms feel luxurious at a starting rate of Rs. 1,350 per night for an AC Economy. There's satellite tv and hot/cold water in the bathroom as well. There's also a swimming pool and billiards room in the hotel. There's even two restaurants and a banquet hall in the hotel. Location is at 84/4A, Satyen Roy Road, Kolkata-700034 (Near Tram Depot Opp. To Joydep Tailors).
    • Hotel Heera. This hotel dates back to 1984 when it was first established. They offer budget accommodations without scrimping on quality of services and facilities. Rooms include satellite tv and hot/cold water in the bathroom. There's also a restaurant and a conference hall here. Rates start at Rs. 1,500 for a Single AC Room. Location is at 115, Muzaffar Ahmed Street (Ripon Street) Adjacent to Park Street Kolkata – 700016.
    I hope this helps!