1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airtel 3G services in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'South India' started by HiralPatel, Jul 8, 2015.

1. HiralPatel

HiralPatel New Member

I have an Airtel 3G sim card and will be in Hyderabad soon, I need to know how good Airtel 3G coverage is in Hyderabad, as I don't want to be stuck without any internet during my stay there.

2. Anurag

Anurag Member

Airtel 3G services in Hyderabad are very good, you wont have any issues with 3G coverage, there may be some small areas where signal maybe low but otherwise Airtel is good to use in Hyderabad.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

In general, 3G services of Airtel in Hyderabad are quite excellent. If you're in the main city of Hyderabad, the voice quality and data quality of the 3G services of Airtel are both in excellent conditions. There are a lot of Airtel towers around the area so you won't encounter problems.

As you go into Parvathi Puram, 3G services are still good. But there's a fewer number of towers in that area. Some areas in the region have moderate 3G signals as well.

As you go further into colonies like Mini Gulshan and Kundan Nagar, 3G services get lower signals. This is because there are lesser towers in the area. Especially around Kundan Nagar, where 3G signals are moderate and there are sparse towers.

Now, to the south of Hyderabad, which is Aman Nagar, 3G services are excellent. There are a few areas with moderate connectivity though. But on general, there are many towers around the area so it's not hard to get some 3G signal.

As you move further to the South in Hafiz Baba Nagar, 3G services become sparse again. There are only five towers in the general area of Hafiz Baba Nagar. So getting 3G services here can be quite challenging.

In the North, in Jawahad Nagar, services are excellent due to the presence of many towers. As you move further North, you'd reach Secunderabad, and again, there are many towers of Airtel here so signal is quite good.

So as long as you stick to the main city centre of Hyderabad, you won't have problems with 3G signal. But as you go into towns outside the skirts of the main city, you might encounter some problems with your 3G signal with Airtel.

If you're wondering how I got this information, Airtel launched their Project Leap Website. With this, you can check any area in the country and how the 3G services, 2G services or 4G services of Airtel would do in that area. It's a great way to know if Airtel would work in your next destination. And it's transparency at its best.

I hope this helps!

P.S.

If the areas I mentioned aren't where you're going in Hyderabad, then you can go to Airtel website and click on Project Leap. From there, enter the area in Hyderabad where you're going to see if 3G would work there. Good luck!