1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Special Transportation Deals For Tourists?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by amelia88, Mar 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I'm curious to know whether India offers anything like this.

I know in some countries that I have travelled to, they have offered things like a 7 or 14 day travel pass to be used on all trains and buses, for a discounted fare if you present your passport. It's a good way to be able to maximize what you get a chance to see when all your travel is essentially included!

I'm just wondering if India has any sort of similar systems like that?

Chahal likes this.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hmmm... There's the IndRail Pass which gives you access to the whole Indian Railway, in your chosen class throughout your trip. You can choose between the AC1, the AC2 and the 2nd Class passes. You would still need to make reservations either online or in the station but they will be free of charge once you have your IndRail Pass. The prices are:
    • AC2 Pass: 7 Days - $135, 15 Days - $185 and 30 days - $248. I recommend the AC2 Pass if you're not travelling long distances. You will be booked in AC sleepers during the night and AC chairs during the day.
    • AC1 Pass: 7 Days - $270, 15 Days - $370 and 30 days - $495.
    • 2nd Class Pass: 7 Days - $80, 15 Days - $90 and 28 days - $100.
    You also need to bring your passport along with your IndRail Pass. There will be no extra charges for faster trains or extra bed coverings as well.

I hope this helps!