1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are There Any Direct Agra To Varanasi Overnight Trains?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by ChaiNashta, Mar 4, 2016.

1. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

I am planning a trip to Varanasi before it gets hot this summer and would like to know if you know any overnight trains between Agra and Varanasi. I would ideally like to reach Varanasi just before sun rise so I can get to banks of Ganga to see the sunrise.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Yes, there are overnight trains from Agra to Varanasi. You can choose between:
    • AC 1 which can only be found in bigger trains. It is expensive as compared to the other trains but it is more comfortable and convenient.
    • AC 2 which is preferred by most tourists and most trains has this. It has seats that turn into an upper and lower bunk. It also has curtains for privacy and at night, bed sheets will be given to passengers.
    • AC 3 which has three bunks, upper, middle and lower. You won't have curtains for privacy and it's generally more crowded as well.
    • Sleeper Class has no AC and is the choice of most less well-off passengers.
    You would need to book in advance as well to make sure that you can reserve a seat. There's a train that leaves Agra at 9 PM and I think that best fits your situation. Good luck and I hope this helps!