1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are There Any Types Of Snakes, Insects, Or Animals To Watch Out For?

Discussion in 'Trekking and Mountaineering' started by hellotraveler, Jan 17, 2016.

1. hellotraveler

hellotraveler Member

I spend at least a few weekends out of the year camping and hiking where I live in the US. Whenever I go to another state to hike with friends, I always try to make sure I'm prepared by having everything I need. In addition to that stuff, I also make sure I know what kind of animals, insects, and plants are around the area that we hike.

If I travel to India sometime soon, is there anything that I should know about the types of insects, animals, birds, plants, or other things I might encounter while hiking there? It's very different from what I'm used to (even with traveling), so this is something else I was just thinking of that I would like to know more about if someone would like to share more with me on this subject so I know.

2. Tamboa

Tamboa New Member

Good thinking. I usually don't ask until I'm on the trail and I see something coming at me. I know there are plenty of reptiles in India, but I don't know which ones bite, so that would definitely be a good thing to find out ahead of time.

hellotraveler likes this.