1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Three Bed Rooms Common?

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Want 2seeTheWorld, Nov 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Want 2seeTheWorld

Want 2seeTheWorld New Member

Hi all,

I am hoping to see something of India soon, and if it works out I will be travelling with two friends. We want to keep the costs down if possible so I thought I'd ask here to see if three bed rooms are common in cheaper end Indian hotels.

Thanks in advance for any information.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

You would need to ask for an extra bed and that would cost you a little bit extra. Rooms with three beds are not common.

3. artyarson

artyarson New Member

I never saw such thing. So, someone gotta sleep exactly right next to you in a big bed. And someone will have a separate one. You may constantly change everyone's places in turn. That would be fun!

4. Barty

Barty New Member

I've never rented a 3 bedroom hotel, anywhere! I think for that amount of rooms, you might rather look if there is a small house for rent. Even if there are hotel rooms that big, I'm sure a whole house would be a cheaper option.

5. Seraphina

Seraphina New Member

I had never seen a hotel room with three beds until I traveled to south Florida and actually needed to look for one. Sure enough, they were pretty easy to find! Outside of that region, though, I haven't seen it. I'm sure you could get a room with two queen beds and either a pull-out couch or a roll-away.

6. xTinx

xTinx Member

It's either a one queen size bed capable of holding two people or two single beds. Prices differ depending on the room size, setup and availability of an air conditioner. Ins hostel and certain budget hotels, you can request for an extra bed or mattress and they'll set it for you. You just have to pay additional for the third person.

7. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Most hotels should be able to provide an extra bed, for an additional cost. Just be sure you try to make these arrangements in advance. If you cannot speak the language and they do not speak English, it might be hard to communicate. Still, it is a common practice, and I have encountered it wherever I have gone. I would not think India is any different.

8. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

I've never seen a room with more than two beds. Honestly, when I travel with friends we all share beds anyway. It cuts costs.

9. Strykstar

Strykstar New Member

Three beds aren't common by default, you need to ask for an extra bed when you book.
    Make sure to call the hotel directly a few days before and ask about the size of the extra beds, sometimes there are several options available, even if you have to lie a bit and say whoever is sleeping on it is a pretty big or tall person.

10. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Honestly, three bedrooms are not common anywhere. They happen, but in places liek Vegas, or big tourist destinations. You will be able to get two beds to a room, then request a third. Hotels should be happy to accommodate that request.

11. JusApee

JusApee New Member

Three beds in a room isn't common anywhere from what I know and what I've seen. However, requesting that to the hotel personnel should solve your problem, because a bringing another bed in a room isn't much of a deal. I actually had some friends who requested a third bed and the hotl's staff brought it to them for free.

12. ellajanelle

ellajanelle New Member

Some hotels charge for an extra person. Practicality is commonly observed in Asian countries so I would say that yes, it's common but there's an extra charge. That extra charge would be relatively low so it would turn out cheaper than actually getting another room.

13. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I've seen hotels offer a double (Queen sized) bed with a single bed in the same room, but never 3 separate beds. Maybe if you asked for one, they can arrange it, but as far as I can tell you get two beds per room maximum, but I haven't really been everywhere so I can't speak for every hotel in the world. Why not try it? Hotels sometimes take the extra mile when dealing with their customers, I'm sure you guys can work something out if you ask nicely enough.

14. Destiny

Destiny Member

Honestly, if you want to stay at cheaper hotel.. No way you're getting bedrooms. Its going to be one room. That is unless tou stay at a suite in a fancy hotel or resort. But, if you want something cheap then someone will be sharing a bed. Nothing wrong with sharing a bed either.