1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by amelia88, Oct 2, 2015.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I feel like most of the time I'm an introvert. I'm pretty quiet, shy and have my core group of friends - but meeting new people can be overwhelming to me.

Strangely enough though, when I travel I feel more confident and extroverted. It's like a different part of me is allowed to shine!

What about yourself? Would you class yourself as an introvert or an extrovert?

BayouBilly likes this.

2. BayouBilly

BayouBilly New Member

I'm definitely an extrovert then. I'm very outgoing, and like to engage with new people I meet on the job or on my travels. I've always been like that since I was a kid - and I really think I got it from my parents. They were always very outgoing and kind to strangers.

It's definitely helped me during my dating days!

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Yeah I bet! I think if you're confident making conversation with people it can certainly make it easier in a lot of aspects of life.

And I totally agree that it's a learned behavior a lot of the time!

4. Delirium

Delirium Member

Definitely introvert. Online I'm more extroverted, but in real life I'm actually super quiet. I don't talk unless I absolutely need to or when I'm with my close friends. My social skills are pretty horrible, I really don't find it easy to talk to people, especially those that I don't really know. I also enjoy being alone a lot. I also seem to work better that way, groups are not for me.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I wouldn't have guessed that from your posts! But I think I also have a tendency to seem more confident/outgoing online. I feel like I can be more myself in the written word than verbally - for some reason I just feel more comfortable writing, perhaps because it gives me some time to think before I say something! Not like the immediacy of face to face conversation!

6. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

According to the Myers-Briggs Test I'm an ENJF personality type, a type that has a strong extroversion leaning which I completely agree with. Talking with people and socializing comes naturally to me and I can't imagine myself living alone. I travel because I love good adventures and stories so it's really in line with my extroversion. I can't stay still for the life of me! I guess I've known for a long time that I'm an extrovert and I'm pretty okay with it. :)

amelia88 likes this.
  7. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Can you do the Myers Briggs test online or did you do it elsewhere? I'm curious to know how I would score on it!

8. Delirium

Delirium Member

I know! I probably come off as a clear extrovert in my posts but in real life I'm quite literally the exact opposite. I'm just SO bad at communicating for some reason. I can't even communicate with my friends properly whenever we talk through mic (I play games from time to time, and a mic is often required to effectively strategize and complete the level - teamwork). I always get my words jumbled. And whenever I speak and someone asks me to repeat what I said because they couldn't understand me, my heart just instantly sinks and I usually just go absolutely quiet for a few seconds before saying "never mind". Then I usually stay quiet for the next few minutes until they say something like, "Hey, you okay? Are you there?" in which I'd feel like I have to force myself to talk and join the conversation.

It's sort of the same in real life, except you don't really get to 'blend in' with the background. With internet group chats (through mic), you can just stay quiet and people probably wouldn't notice, at least not for a while, because they can't see you. They just kinda forgot that you were there for a while.

9. Rimanana

Rimanana New Member

Definitely an extrovert. I love meeting new people and I feel confident being myself. I recently moved cities and I have a whole new group of friends that I made just from being the first to step up and introduce myself. I love dealing with people and forming new relationships!

10. innaf93

innaf93 Member

Introvert definitely! I can spend the day feeling blessed and still alone, watching a movie and reading. A few big gatherings a month and I feel exhausted and need of some private space. Introvert doesn't mean lone wolf, it simply mean more me-time and less crowdsurfing :))