1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auli Uttarakhand

Discussion in 'Uttarakhand' started by Aarosh, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Aarosh

Aarosh New Member

I would like to know more about Auli, which is in Uttarakhand. I have only recently heard about the destination and from what I know it is not as crowded as other places like Nainital or Mussoorie. When searching the internet, the results come up as Auli being in Himachal Pradesh but from what I know Auli is in Uttarakhand, which is why I am getting information from the forum to get correct answers.

Here are some important things I would like to know about Auli.

When is the best time of the year to visit Mussoorie?

How far is Auli from Delhi?

If I decide to visit Auli during the winter season and want to ski, will I be able to get ski clothes and equipment on rental there?

Apart from skiing during winter what other activities are there in Auli?

What activities can you do during the summer season?

What are the popular tourist places to visit in Auli?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

Here's the answers to your queries:

When is the best time of the year to visit Mussoorie?
    • Well, Mussoorie is generally good to visit all year round. You just have to avoid these months which is the monsoon season: mid of July to mid of September. If you want to see the Himalayas clearly, consider going in the months of mid-September to November. If you want to experience snow in Mussoorie, consider going during end of December to mid-February.
    How far is Auli from Delhi?
    • It is about 558 kms, so that's 11 hours of driving or more.
    If I decide to visit Auli during the winter season and want to ski, will I be able to get ski clothes and equipment on rental there?
    • Yes, some shops offer some ski equipment for rent here.
    Apart from skiing during winter what other activities are there in Auli?
    • You can try trekking, snowboarding or visiting the temples around Auli.
    What activities can you do during the summer season?
    • You can try camping which lots of families enjoy. You can also visit the meadows and gaze at the lovely views. You can search for Khapal, a rare wild berry, in villages and have a taste of this tasty treat.
    What are the popular tourist places to visit in Auli?

• There's Gorson Peak, a 4 to 5 km trek which leads you to an amazing peak. But the journey to get there is well memorable too. Gurso Bugyal is another one, perfect to visit during summer season. It boasts of lush greeneries which can surely melt any nature lover's heart. And lastly Chenab Lake, an amazing view awaits you here.
    I hope this helps!

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Best time to visit Auli :

Auli is a beautiful hill station located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. Known for its breathtaking views of the Himalayas, Auli is a popular destination for tourists looking for a peaceful and scenic retreat. However, like any other tourist destination, the best time to visit Auli depends on several factors such as weather, activities, and crowd.

In this article, we will discuss the best time to visit Auli based on different factors.

1. Weather The weather in Auli is one of the primary factors to consider when planning a trip to this hill station. The best time to visit Auli is during the summer months from April to June when the weather is pleasant, and the temperature ranges between 10-20 degrees Celsius. This is also the time when the snow starts melting, and the lush greenery of the mountains begins to emerge.
    Another good time to visit Auli is during the winter months from December to February when the entire hill station is covered in snow, making it an ideal destination for winter sports like skiing and snowboarding. The temperature during this time ranges from -8 to 15 degrees Celsius, so make sure to pack warm clothes.

The monsoon season from July to September is not the best time to visit Auli as the region receives heavy rainfall, which can lead to landslides and roadblocks. It's best to avoid visiting Auli during this time.

1. Activities The best time to visit Auli also depends on the activities you plan to indulge in. If you are interested in skiing and snowboarding, the winter months from December to February are the best time to visit Auli as the entire region is covered in snow.
    However, if you are interested in trekking, the summer months from April to June are the best time to visit Auli as the weather is pleasant, and the lush greenery of the mountains makes for a beautiful backdrop. The summer months are also a good time to indulge in outdoor activities like camping and hiking.

1. Crowds The crowd is another factor to consider when planning a trip to Auli. If you want to avoid the crowds and enjoy a peaceful retreat, the best time to visit Auli is during the off-season, which is from July to September and from March to April. During this time, the crowd is minimal, and you can enjoy the beauty of Auli without the hustle and bustle of tourists.
    On the other hand, if you want to experience the festive atmosphere and enjoy the local culture, the best time to visit Auli is during the winter months from December to February when the Skiing Festival takes place. During this time, Auli is crowded with tourists, and the festive atmosphere is palpable.

The best time to visit Auli depends on several factors such as weather, activities, and crowd. If you are interested in skiing and snowboarding, the winter months are the best time to visit Auli, while the summer months are ideal for trekking and outdoor activities. The off-season is perfect for those who want to avoid the crowds and enjoy a peaceful retreat. Whatever time you choose to visit Auli, you are sure to be mesmerized by the beauty of this hill station and the warmth of its people.