1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangalore to Agra

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Madan, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Madan

Madan New Member

I am from Bangalore and wish to go Agra with my wife. It would be the first time I would be traveling in the North part of India, or in fact making any long distance journey. I need help in planning my trip from Bangalore to Agra, and I have posted some questions to help plan the trip better.

1. What are the best travel options from going from Bangalore to Agra?

2. What is the fastest way to reach Agra from Bangalore and how much would it cost?

3. What is the cheapest way to reach Agra from Bangalore?

4. Apart from the Taj Mahal, what else is there to see and do in Agra?

5. I have read that viewing the Taj Mahal on a full moon night is the best experience, do we need to make bookings for the night viewing?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

I'll try my best to answer your questions:

1. What are the best travel options from going from Bangalore to Agra?

• You can opt for flight, train, bus or car. Your best option would be taking an airplane from Bangalore to Delhi and then taking a train from Delhi to Agra. The plane from Bangalore to Delhi can cost up to Rs 7,000. The train from Delhi to Agra can cost up to Rs 1,000.
    2. What is the fastest way to reach Agra from Bangalore and how much would it cost?
    • The fastest way would be via plane. If you fly directly from Bangalore to Agra, the time you spend would only be five to six hours in travel time. The downside is that it can cost quite a lot, from Rs 12,000 to Rs 28,000.
    3. What is the cheapest way to reach Agra from Bangalore?
    • The cheapest way would be via the train, it only costs Rs 2,100 to Rs 3,000. The downside is that it can take up to 35 hours before you can reach your destination.
    4. Apart from the Taj Mahal, what else is there to see and do in Agra?
    • There's lots to see in Agra. Consider the Fatehpur Sikri, which is the best place to see Mughal architecture. It has lots of temples and mosques as well that you can explore. The Tomb of Akbar the Great is another important destination in Agra. Then, there's the Keetham Lake which boasts of tranquility and relaxation. Perfect for a couple like you and your wife.
    5. I have read that viewing the Taj Mahal on a full moon night is the best experience, do we need to make bookings for the night viewing?
    • Yes, you need to make reservations a day before your supposed trip to the Taj Mahal. It is only allowed during full moon nights, two days before it and two days after it. And during the month of Ramadan, it isn't allowed to view it during Fridays. So make sure you schedule your trip accordingly.
    I hope this help you!

3. Kritika

Kritika New Member

Hi and welcome to the Forum..
    As you are travelling this distance for the first time than it would be less risky and more comfortable and memorable as much as possible. So travelling by air is the fastest but little expensive if you opt for direct flights. And next thing is that watching the Taj Mahal in the moonlight is an experience of a life time, but before commencing your trip make sure you have your reservation for the same but avoid visiting during month of Ramadan, as you will not be allowed to watch it if it Friday.
    Apart from that, enjoy and Have a great trip.