1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangles shopping in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'South India' started by HiralPatel, Jul 8, 2015.

1. HiralPatel

HiralPatel New Member

Where in Hyderabad should I go shopping for bangles. The bangles thee are very famous and popular and I wish to purchase a few for myself and my friends. There is supposed to be one particular market for bangles and that's what I need to know.

2. Anurag

Anurag Member

You are right there is a famous place where you would find bangles only and that is called Laad bazaar. It is a 1km road which sells bangles along with shops of saris and artificial jewellery.

3. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

Laad Bazaar is also known as Choodi Bazaar. Choodi is the Hindi word for bangles. It is very close to famous Charminar. Even though it is called Choodi Bazaar, you can find a large number of shops selling textiles, jewelery and perfumes. The market is particularly famous for lac bangles which are hand crafted and looks beautiful with colorful stones. You can also find brass and silver bangles there.

4. turtledove

turtledove Member

I would also recommend Chudi Bazaar an Laad bazaar. They're two very old and very famous markets which have great bangles in Hyderabad, and you should definitely visit those two if you want bangles. Chudi bazaar is a bit better though in my opinion, I think there's a lot more variety available there. Every single colour, material and decoration imaginable is readily available!

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Does anyone have pictures of these bangles? I love cute jewellery that is unique to where I visit and I'd love to check this out if I have a chance!

6. bragadish

bragadish Member

I couldn't pick a few,there were too many options and it was already fascinating.
    I found it on google,with just a keyword search.

Pls follow this link.In fact most of those jewelry for TV shows and short time usage are bought from here.They have a good life as well.I personally got a few for my mom in 2013 and i will attach a photo for you to see.People might as well believe if i would say it is in mint condition :p

7. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Oooh they're gorgeous! There's definitely a few that I would buy if I saw them at the market. But then again, women + jewellery = shopping paradise :D:D:D

8. paudu

paudu Member

That’s exactly the kind of thing I’m looking for! Too bad Hyderabad is so far away from Delhi, I won’t be able to get there on this trip.

9. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there! Welcome to the forum!

The Bangle Bazaar in Hyderabad is known as the Laad Bazaar. Some people call it as the Choodi Bazaar. It is a very old market well known for its numerous bangles in various designs. You can find it from Charminar, as one of the four roads here lead to the Laad Bazaar. Laad means lacquer, this is what they use to make bangles, which are then studded with artificial diamonds. Choodi, on the other hand, means bangles.

It is believed that Laad Bazaar has been around since the time of the Qutb Shahis and the Nizams. So if you'd look back, that's about 400 years old already. During the rule of the Nizam, they improved the market area. The market stretches around for a kilometre long.

It's not only popular among locals and Indian tourists as well. Tourists all over the world know about the precious bangle shopping market in Hyderabad. Middle Eastern tourists, Americans and even Europeans visit this busy shopping district all around the year. Some varieties of bangles are made especially just for weddings, thus you can also find brides-to-be in this market.

Other popular items to buy here are the following:
    • Sarees
    • Sherwanis
    • Pearls
    • Silk
    • Handicrafts
    • Semi-precious stones
    • Glass works
    • Perfumes (Gil is their specialty, a special perfume which captures the scent of wet Earth from the first rainfall after summer)
    Don't be surprised if you see mattresses in shops here. This is where business is conducted as the customers sit on the mattress and the items of the shop are presented to them.

The market is located in the Old City of Hyderabad. You can ride a bus, auto rickshaw or taxi going to the Old City. But the Charminar entrance of the Laad Bazaar is locked from vehicles. So you can only access that entrance with a bike, scooter or cycle rickshaw. Or you can also walk it.

Here is the exact address of Laad Bazaar: Kachiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana 500095. It is open from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm everyday. Price of bangles range from Rs. 6 to Rs. 10,000.

I hope this helps!