1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bannerghatta National Park Timings

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by Wanderlust, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Wanderlust

Wanderlust Member

I heard that besides having a zoo, Bannerghatta National Park also offers jungle safari rides into the wild. That's something I would be really interested to experience. I would like to take my kids to Bannerghatta National Park during our next visit to Bangalore.

I would like to know -

1. Timings (visiting hours) when visitors are allowed inside the Bannerghatta Biological Park.
    2. Entry fees for adults and kids.
    3. Bannerghatta jungle safari timings.
    4. Safari booking procedure and safari charges.
    5. Any minimum age restriction for boarding the safari vehicles?

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Bannerghatta National Park Timings:

Zoo Timings - 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
    Forest Safari Timings - 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM
    Butterfly Park Timings - 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM

Bannerghatta National Park (both Zoo and Safari) remains closed for visitors on Tuesdays. The park operates as usual on all other days of the week including weekends and holidays.

Bannerghatta National Park Entry Fees:

Zoo Entry Fee - Adults INR 80; Children INR 40; Senior Citizens INR 50.
    Butterfly Park Fee - Adults INR 30, Children INR 20, Senior Citizens INR 20.
    Safari Charges - Adults INR 260; Children INR 130; Senior Citizens INR 150.

For foreigners, the entry fee is INR 400 for adults and INR 300 for children.

No entry fee is collected from children aged below 6 years.

Special Safari Tours:

Safari in AC Bus - Adults INR 500; Children INR 300; Senior Citizens INR 500.
    Jeep Safari (4-Seater Non-AC) - INR 2500
    Jeep Safari (6-Seater Non-AC) - INR 3000
    Jeep Safari (6-Seater AC) - INR 3500
    Jeep Safari (8-Seater NON-AC) - INR 4000
    Mahindra Xylo Safari (7-Seater AC) - INR 4000
    Toyota Innova (8-Seater AC) - INR 5000

Entry tickets can be booked online in advance through the official website [bannerghattabiologicalpark(.)org]. Alternatively, you may also purchase the tickets from the counters located at the entrance of the park. If you are planning to go on a weekend, then make sure to reach early. There is heavy rush for safari tickets over the weekends and you may need to wait for 2-3 hours in queue to board the safari vehicle.

There is no minimum age limit for the safari ride. I took my daughter on jungle safari at Bannerghatta when she was just 2 years old.

Regards,
    Deb

Wanderlust likes this.