1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bastar Tourism

Discussion in 'Chhattisgarh' started by MonaliShalya, May 11, 2017.

1. MonaliShalya

MonaliShalya New Member

A place I want to explore is Chattisgarh and in particular Bastar. I know that the state of Chattisgarh is very less visited and not so popular with tourism, which is why I have joined this forum.

Being a travel forum I have high hopes in finding out more about the Bastar tourism, so I can plan my trip to the destination. I hear that there are many waterfalls in Bastar so please mention how many there are and what ones you would recommend visiting.

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Bastar is famous for its waterfalls, temples, mountains and the historical palace

-Tiratghar Waterfalls

The rocks on which the water, falls are worthy of note. The rocks are huge and almost black. It is safe to bathe in the reservoir of the waterfall unlike many other waterfalls where danger signs are put up.

-Thamada Gumar Falls
    These falls are situated deep in the dense forests and the route is worth trespassing. Here it is dangerous to bathe as crocodiles are found in there.

Bastar palace
    Although reviews say that it is almost in ruins it is worth visiting going by its age. Part of it is converted into a hotel.

Bailadila Mountains

The ride or drive up there provides a visual treat. There are facilities up in the mountains for a peaceful stay. Many spend atleast two days as they say to get away from it all.

There are those two temples which tourists will not leave without visiting. They are the Shri Venkateshwar Swami Temple and the Danteshwari Temple.

3. Laksh

Laksh New Member

You've chosen an interesting destination! Chhattisgarh, and particularly Bastar, is an off-the-beaten-path location with a rich tribal culture, dense forests, and cascading waterfalls.

There are numerous waterfalls scattered across Bastar, each with its unique charm. Here are a few that you can consider adding to your itinerary:

Chitrakote Falls: The largest waterfall in Chhattisgarh, Chitrakote Falls is a majestic sight with a horseshoe-shaped plunge pool. During the rainy season, the water turns a reddish hue, making for a spectacular view.
    Tirathgarh Falls: Located within the Kanger Valley National Park, Tirathgarh Falls is a series of seven waterfalls cascading down into a deep gorge. You can take a boat ride to get a closer look at the falls.

Tamda Ghoomar Falls:A seasonal waterfall amidst lush greenery, Tamda Ghoomar Falls is a popular picnic spot. It's a great place to relax and enjoy the natural surroundings.

Chitrini Waterfall: This captivating waterfall is surrounded by dense forests and offers a serene atmosphere

Kanger Valley National Park: While not technically a waterfall, the Kanger Valley National Park itself is worth exploring. Here, you can find numerous waterfalls, caves, and wildlife species.

Here are some additional things to consider when planning your trip to Bastar:

• Best Time to Visit: The ideal time to visit Bastar is between October and February, when the weather is pleasant and there's less rainfall.
    • Accommodation: Since Bastar is not a mainstream tourist destination, accommodation options might be limited. You can find budget hotels, guesthouses, and forest rest houses.
    • Transportation: Public transportation in Bastar is minimal. It's recommended to hire a taxi or car for exploring the region.
    By including these captivating waterfalls and keeping these tips in mind, you can plan an enriching and unique trip to Bastar. I hope this information helps you get started!