1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Bhutan From Mumbai?

Discussion in 'West India' started by P.Yadav, Apr 26, 2019.

1. P.Yadav

P.Yadav New Member

Hello friends, I have joined this forum to get some help in finding out how I can reach Bhutan from Mumbai?

I have been trying to plan my trip to Bhutan for many years now, and now that I have finally settled in Mumbai and I think it would be easy for me to go on my trip now.

I would like to know about the different transport options for traveling to Bhutan from Mumbai and your suggestions to which mode of transport would be suitable.

If there is some information that you can share about Bhutan that would be a bonus.

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

There are several ways to reach Bhutan from Mumbai.

By Air:

The most common way to reach Bhutan from Mumbai is by air. There are two airlines that fly directly to Bhutan from Mumbai: Druk Air and Bhutan Airlines. Flights from Mumbai to Paro, Bhutan, take approximately 3 hours.

By Train:

There is no direct train service to Bhutan from Mumbai. The nearest train station to Bhutan is New Jalpaiguri Railway Station in West Bengal. From New Jalpaiguri, you can take a bus or taxi to Phuentsholing, the border town between India and Bhutan. From Phuentsholing, you can cross the border and take a taxi to Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan.

By Road:

It is also possible to reach Bhutan from Mumbai by road. However, this is not the recommended option as it is a long and arduous journey. The distance from Mumbai to Thimphu is approximately 2,800 kilometers. The journey will take you through several states in India, including West Bengal, Assam, and Sikkim. You will also need to cross the Nathula Pass, which is a high-altitude mountain pass that is closed during the winter months.

Visa Requirements:

All visitors to Bhutan must obtain a visa before entering the country. Visas can be obtained online or at the Bhutanese embassy in Mumbai.