Best Hotels In Madhurai

Discussion in 'South India' started by DangerSuit, Apr 8, 2016.

1. DangerSuit

DangerSuit New Member

Hey all, I just wanted to ask about hotels in Madhurai and if anyone had any alternatives to recommend?

I have heard amazing things about the Sangam hotel - my aunt stayed there when she toured India last year, but I worry that it is really far from the city centre and temples. She had to ride a Rickshaw for half an hour to get anywhere decent, she said.

Does anyone know of any really central places to stay?

Admin likes this.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! Here are some hotels near the city that I can recommend:
    • Hotel Nambi. If you're planning on visiting Sri Meenakshi Amman Temple, then this is a good hotel to check in to. It's two minutes away from the temple and about five minutes away from Madurai Railway station.
    • The Madurai Residency. This one's close to the Meenakshi Temple as well as the Railway station. Aside from that, it's close to the Periyar Bus stand and the Madurai Bazaar.
    • Hotel Rathna Residency. Again, very close to Meenakshi Temple and the Railway station.
    • Hotel Chentoor. It's very near the railway station and with the other tourist spots in Madurai. You can actually view the temple from the restaurant in the hotel.
    • Simap Residency. This one's just 0.2 km away from the Meenakshi Temple. It's also around most cultural places in Madurai.
    I hope this helps! Enjoy your stay in India!

:)