1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Hotels In Madhurai

Discussion in 'South India' started by DangerSuit, Apr 8, 2016.

1. DangerSuit

DangerSuit New Member

Hey all, I just wanted to ask about hotels in Madhurai and if anyone had any alternatives to recommend?

I have heard amazing things about the Sangam hotel - my aunt stayed there when she toured India last year, but I worry that it is really far from the city centre and temples. She had to ride a Rickshaw for half an hour to get anywhere decent, she said.

Does anyone know of any really central places to stay?

Admin likes this.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! Here are some hotels near the city that I can recommend:
    • Hotel Nambi. If you're planning on visiting Sri Meenakshi Amman Temple, then this is a good hotel to check in to. It's two minutes away from the temple and about five minutes away from Madurai Railway station.
    • The Madurai Residency. This one's close to the Meenakshi Temple as well as the Railway station. Aside from that, it's close to the Periyar Bus stand and the Madurai Bazaar.
    • Hotel Rathna Residency. Again, very close to Meenakshi Temple and the Railway station.
    • Hotel Chentoor. It's very near the railway station and with the other tourist spots in Madurai. You can actually view the temple from the restaurant in the hotel.
    • Simap Residency. This one's just 0.2 km away from the Meenakshi Temple. It's also around most cultural places in Madurai.
    I hope this helps! Enjoy your stay in India!

:)