1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best India Travel Ebooks?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by freddi, Dec 3, 2015.

1. freddi

freddi Member

As the title says really! Hit me with your recommendations for ebooks about travelling in India. I know there's loads of great advice on this forum (and I'll totally be using that for my planning too), but I like to have source books with me on my ipad while I travel.

2. Lonely Planet offer most books from their destination range in ebook format. I know India is available as I was looking at it recently. You can buy the entire book or just the section on one region if you only need that.

Pamela likes this.

3. freddi

freddi Member

Awesome, thanks so much. It's handy to be able to pick out specific areas - can you imagine going somewhere like New England but having to buy the whole book for the whole USA? I mean, it's nice to look at what else is on offer, but it's also a bit of a 'look where else you could be going but aren't' kick in the teeth!

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I agree with Lonely Planet as a recommendation - they have kindle versions that you can easily download on Amazon and so forth. They're a reputable travel book company and I find that they're always up to date and practical with advice for things to do and see.

5. Mindy

Mindy Member

I am not big on having lots of travel books around. I prefer to do Google searches. However, I can understand the fascination with being surrounded with the beauty and the pictures.

6. Pamela

Pamela Guest

I think I'll look into that Lonely Planet India ebook, too. I hadn't thought to keep a traveler's book on me during the trip but it could be an invaluable resource!