1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Travel In India?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by EmmaHitchen, Jan 15, 2018.

1. EmmaHitchen

EmmaHitchen New Member

My partner and I will be in India during the month of April and we plan to see the many different parts of India (we are not sure yet, which places we would be visiting). One thing we are quite unsure of how to travel in India?

We like adventure but we want to be safe too, and we would like some advice, on what you think would be the best and safest way to travel in the country and yet a way where we would get a good experience of India as well.

We don't have any budget issues and have about a month to travel in India.

2. Deven

Deven Member

You said you like adventure and also want a good experience of India and also your not sure of what places you would be visiting.

Keeping this in mind I would suggest to you that for the nearby places which are maybe 4-8 hours away travel by train or taxi, this will be an excellent way to experience India. Traveling in a taxi at night within the city you are staying in is safe, but for longer journies its best to travel during the daytime, the same applies when traveling by train to distant places.

Both traveling by taxi and train are different, by going in a taxi you will go past different areas of India and get to see the culture change through your travel, while in a train you are kind of hidden from all that but then get a chance to be on Indian transport and interact with fellow travellers.

Any long distant journies I suggest should be made by flight.

3. Karan

Karan Member

I think safety comes first when visiting a foreign country, and I would suggest that it is best if you travel in a taxi. You would still be able to experience some adventure and it would be the best way to see and explore India.

You can either book a taxi for each of your trips to India, or keep a permanent taxi with you throughout your trip, which would probably work out cheaper. I would recommend once sitting in an auto-rickshaw and cycle rickshaw for a short distance just for the experience, I am sure you will love it!

4. Latika

Latika New Member

If you want to get some adventure and also experience, then I would suggest trying out all the different traveling modes. For long distance go for a flight, anything shorter than that go on a train, someplace 3-4 hours away go on a bus. When it comes to traveling within the city then travel in an auto and a rickshaw.

This way you would get your traveling done and also get the experience which you are looking for.

5. Prits

Prits Member

Traveling by the Volvo buses is a good idea, its safe and you will also get the adventure. For long distance journeys, a lot of people travel by train, depending on where you are traveling from and to, some train journeys can take up to 3 days, so if your up for that then you would get a good adventure traveling by train.

If you're in a metro city you would have access to the metro rail. Traveling by metro rail is probably one of the easiest and convenient ways of traveling in the city. To get to avoid the traffic, get to be in air-conditioned carriages, it's cost effective and takes less time for you to reach your destination.