1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Indian Restaurant In Your City?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by GammaRay, Nov 18, 2015.

1. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

What I love most about countries other than my own is their culture and food. As of now I'm stuck at my job and I won't be able to go out of the country for a while but I dine in restaurants in my city that serve regional food. I've tried Japanese soba, traditional Mexican tacos and I've eaten breakfast served by a really good London native, he's my friend now but I've only had Indian food in another city far from mine. :(

Share some stories so I won't feel left out? :)

2. Amelie

Amelie New Member

Hi kababayan! I've only had Indian food twice, and like you, I had them in cities that were too far away. The prices in the first restaurant were a bit more expensive than I was used to, so I'm glad I just tagged along and didn't have to pay. :) The hummus was divine - I could have made a meal out of it! My friends loved the Tandoori chicken and the mutton stew. The other restaurant was more my speed - laid-back, relaxed, and it served one of the best ice creams I've ever had (kulfi).

3. CharliePurcell86

CharliePurcell86 New Member

I live in Stone Town, the main city on the island of Zanzibar. This place is a wonderful mixture of a half-dozen different cultures. There is a somewhat large Indian population, but I've only seen one real Indian restaurant in my area. It is extremely authentic, I could tell, because my mouth was burning for half the day.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Funnily enough some of the best Indian food I ever had was when I was traveling abroad in Japan! It was also one of the places that I had the best Italian food of my life too -- very unexpected to find those sort of things in the middle of Tokyo! The flavor of the curry was just super good - I feel like in Japan they put a lot of effort into the freshest, best ingredients and also into presentation, so maybe that's why I thought the Indian food was so good there!

5. LydiaJJ

LydiaJJ New Member

Hi Amelia, I have to agree that the Indian restaurants in Japan are amazing. I used to live in Tokyo and make good use of the all you can eat lunchtime buffets at various places around there. I liked having the chance to try different things too, as if I order from the menu I tend to choose similar things. Here in South Korea there is one good place near me, but no buffet option.

6. innaf93

innaf93 Member

I have a really nice Indian restaurant in my small town, they have kind of cheap daily menus and you can also spend fortunes there. Of course I can't wait to try more authentic food in India.

7. Cookie

Cookie Member

I live in a fairly rural town so our options are kind of limited, but our local Indian restaurant is really good. It's just a small family-run place, nothing fancy, but they really do everything to a high standard. I wish I could get my cooked rice to come out as good as theirs!

8. freddi

freddi Member

London's great for food of any kind, but one of my favourite restaurants is a place that combines various Eastern cuisines (bear with me, I know this might sound like sacrilege to some!). You can order whatever you like from a choice of Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese...and it always amazes me that they get it all just SO right. There must be a team of super-chefs behind the scenes...

9. Benti

Benti New Member

I don't even know if we have an Indian restaurant anywhere near where I live. I live in a very small town. I have neighbors who are from India, who invite me to dinner often, where I get to enjoy delicious Indian food.

10. TravelCheap3

TravelCheap3 Member

When I traveled to India, I visited the city of Delhi. It was truly beautiful and the Indian restaurants always delivered to their best potential. Just do a quick Google search and you'll find endless results. Cheers and happy travelling!