1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Musicians?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by atlantasports, Sep 9, 2015.

1. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

Can some of you name the best/your favorite musicians and artists from India? I am constantly looking for new music to listen to and I would love it if some of you threw some suggestions my way. These suggestions can be of any genre.

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Singer: KK
    (KrishnaKumar Kunnath)

Some of his famous songs are:-

Pyar ke pal
    Beete lamhe
    Bas ek pal
    Tu ashiqi hai etc...

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Tapatalk 2

3. jkkat

jkkat New Member

Check out Mushroom Lake from Kerala. Truly unique post-rock that's gained quite a bit of interest overseas

4. RajaApull

RajaApull New Member

Best Musician is me. My mixtapes are always fire. Hit me up fam for my soundcloud link.

Oropherion likes this.
  5. Oropherion

Oropherion New Member

This might be an obvious choice, but I like Daler Mehndi. Tunak Tunak Tun is the silliest song to come out of India, but it still manages to be funny and catchy for anyone of any musical taste. The music video is also very iconic. I haven't listened to much of his other stuff though, I just mostly know about that one song, lol.

6. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I was about to say that Tunak Tunak Tun is about one of the only songs I know that would be Indian. You're right, it's just SO catchy though.

7. fatema

fatema New Member

I would say the best musician is Ed Sheeran, he is like the best musician ever. He always knows how to speak to people, he always sings to people in some tone that really gets to them. He is totally my idol, I loved him ever since I found out about him. He always inspires me, I have to listen to him literally every minute of every day. He always brightens up my day, and makes me smile.

8. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Most of this guy's music is originally Indian and mostly Punjabi.

These beats are as Indian as it gets :)

This is the original song :

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    BadBoy likes this.
  9. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

You've got to be old enough to remember this song :) It topped UK charts for some time and there were no night clubs that were not playing it back in the early 2000's.

10. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Hey I do know that one! I can't believe I didn't think of that either - it was popular here too.

And now it's going to be in my head all day! ;)

11. Oropherion

Oropherion New Member

I don't know if this guy is indian, I can't find any info on him, but this recorder-playing beatboxer is awesome!