1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Places to Visit in Goa in May

Discussion in 'Goa' started by Atraksh, May 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Atraksh

Atraksh New Member

I will be taking my wife to Goa for a holiday next week. It has been a quick vacation plan, and I have not had any time to research about the destination and the places to visit there, so I require help from the forum.

I would like to know what are the best places to visit in Goa?

Our stay will be for 14 days, so we have plenty of time to explore Goa, but please do ensure that only mention the places worth visiting.

What will the weather be like in the month of May in Goa?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

May is not a good time to visit Goa because of the weather. It is already the 21st today and there are only 10 more days left of May so you are looking at extending your holiday well into June as well and that makes it even hotter. Beaches are a no go during the day, only early mornings and after 6PM you will find pleasant weather to be able to sit at one of the beaches.

In may you will be better off staying at one of the beach hotels somewhere in South Goa. Beach shacks won't be there either because they pack up by May and the only places open on beaches will be the established restaurants that have beach front properties.

As I said above, "HOT" and humid.

Go to Dudhusagar falls which are only an hours drive from Goa give or take 10-15 mins depending upon where you are in Goa. Have a read through the Goa travel guide to find out more interesting places to visit that time of the year.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Atraksh! Welcome to the forum!

As have been said by @Chahal, it can be hot and humid during the month of May in Goa. Though the temperature isn't very hot, the humidity coming from the sea's distance, can be a bit unpleasant especially if you're not used to that. It's also off-peak season during the month of May so at least you can get some discounts despite the weather. Another advantage is that there's not many crowds and you can have the beaches all to yourselves. Downside is that not a lot of shacks, resorts and restaurants are open.

There's lots of places to visit in Goa, that is if you decide to visit during the peak season. However, there's some beaches and places worth visiting in May as well. Here they are:
    • Palolem Beach. One great thing about Palolem Beach is that its nightlife is all year round. If you're a fan of that, then consider visiting Palolem Beach.
    • Colva Beach. This beach is uncrowded especially during May. You'd love the white sand and blue water as long as the views of trees all around.
    • Morjim Beach. This beach can be visited all year round and you might even spot an Olive Ridley turtle if you're lucky.
    • Dudhsagar Waterfalls. Like what has been recommended above, it's great to visit this during the summer. It is actually closed during heavy rains in monsoon season. So if you have the time, see the majestic beauty of the Dudhsagar Waterfalls. From a distance, it seems like there's fog in the falls but it's actually the impact of the water falling.
    • Flea Markets. Get bargains during off-season in these markets: Anjuna Flea Market, Mapusa Friday Bazaar and Ingo's Saturday Night Market.
    There you go. I hope this helps you decide if May is the perfect time for you to visit Goa. Good luck!