1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Places to Visit in Karnataka

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by SakshiMistry, Jun 28, 2016.

1. SakshiMistry

SakshiMistry New Member

I want to explore Karnataka, but don't know where to start or what to see, it is why I have joined the forum so I can get some suggestions on what to do.

My first and main question is what are the best places to visit in Karnataka?

If I was to cover all the places mentioned above, how long would it take me?

When is the best time to go to Karnataka?

2. Kritika

Kritika New Member

Karnataka is the south-western state of India has everything that call for the best travelling destination but it is still not very frequently visited, but some of its cities are very famous like Bangalore, Mysore etc. The state had been the seat of various southern and ancient dynasties which had blessed Karnataka with various kinds of monuments, forts, palaces and building still exemplifying the then architectural excellence but that is not all natural essence has its own of showcasing its lush green, scenic and picturesque landscapes.
    So here are some of the places of Karnataka worth visiting.
    1. Bangalore: Vrindavan, Cubbon Park, Lal Bagh, and various water parks.
    2. Coorg: Abbey Falls, Iruppu Falls, Raja's seat Garden
    3. Mysore: Mysore Palace, Mysore Zoo
    4. Chikmagalur: Kudremukh National Park, Sharadamba Temple, Mullayanagiri Hills
    5. Hampi
    6. Gokarna and
    7. Mangalore
    And about the time required that it completely depends upon your choice, as a matter of fact each city requires 2-3 days to completely explore each corner of the destination. And you could opt fro pleasant season which is from last week of October to April. During this time you will not have to face rain, hot and humid climate with high temperature.
    So, have a nice journey and trip to the diverse and lavish landscapes with prosperous culture and tradition of Karnataka.

3. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Karnataka has a diversified range of tourist destinations - from hill stations to beaches, and historic destinations to wildlife reserves. So there is something for everyone no matter what your preferences are. Here's a list of popular tourist destinations in Karnataka clubbed under different themes -

Hill Stations in Karnataka:

Coorg is by far the most popular hill station in Karnataka, followed by Chikmagalur and Kemmanagundi. Agumbe and Biligiri Ranga Hills (BR Hills) are the other hill stations worth exploring. Kodachidri is another option which is quite popular among the trekkers.

Beach Destinations in Karnataka:

Beaches in Karnataka are not as famous as those in Kerala or Tamil Nadu, but there are quite a few beautiful beach destinations in Coastal Karnataka that deserve to be visited. Mangalore comes to the mind first when we talk about Karnataka beaches. Ullal Beach, Tannirbavi Beach, and Panambur Beach are the must visit beaches in Mangalore. Then there is the beautiful Malpe beach at the neighboring town Udupi. Maravanthe Beach at Kundapur is yet another stunning beach.

Gokarna with its Goa-esque ambience can be another great choice for a happening beach vacation. This small town has as many as 5 pristine beaches. Karwar is another place close by which is famous for its beaches. If you are looking for an offbeat beach without too many tourists, then opt for Byndoor or Belekeri. Both these beaches are mindblowing yet deserted.

Historical Attractions in Karnataka:

Hampi should be on top of your list if you are a history lover. The erstwhile Kingdom of Vijayanagara Empire, Hami is famous for its rock-curved temples dating back to the 8th century. There are several ancient temples, forts, royal palaces and other monuments scattered in and around Hampi.

Pattadakal
    is a lesser known historic site in Karnataka which is famous for its rock-curved architecture. In-fact, Pattadakal Group of Monuments has made it to the prestigious list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Badami and Aihole are equally popular among heritage tourists.

Bijapur is another famous historical destination in Karnataka. It used to be the capital of Adil Shah dynasty. Gol Gumbaz, Ibrahim Rouza and Gagan Mahal are a few must visit historical monuments in Bijapur.

Mysore needs no introduction as a heritage destination. Besides the famed Mysore Palace, one must visit the historical town of Srirangapattana which was the capital of Tipu Sultan. Chamundeshwari temple is yet another important historical site to visit in Mysore.

Wildlife Reserves in Karnataka:

Bandipur National Park is the best place to explore wildlife in Karnataka. Nagarhole National Park is another famous wildlife destination that deserves to be visited. Bannerghatta National Park in Bangalore is also popular with the tourists. For the bird-watchers, Ranganathittu Birds Sanctuary is a favorite hang out.

That's a summary of the popular tourist destinations in Karnataka. But this is by no means a conclusive list. There are many other places which are worth visiting and frequented by tourists as well. I hope, you will find the information helpful.

Regards,
    Deb

Admin likes this.