Best Time To Go To India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by MehekD, Apr 25, 2016.

1. MehekD

MehekD New Member

So I am going India with my parents, after a lot of persuasions! I have always been scared to go India, hearing some weird stories from my friends, I've avoided the topic of going India, but it wasn't until the whole family crowded around me and said I have to go especially as my sister's wedding is coming up and shopping is to be done.

The wedding isn't until next year, so nothing is happening so soon, and I have been given a chance to choose the time to go. I don't know much about the Indian weather apart from the fact that it gets boiling hot during the summer season.
    I would like to know when the best time to go India is, and it would be great to know what the weather is like during the different months of the year. Other aspects to take into consideration are mosquitoes, cold weather and the actual wedding season for the shopping of course.

2. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Anytime but the summer, usually it's full of tourists and the climate is really hot. Yes, it's going to be really crowded and really steamy when maneuvering through those tourist spots, and that would just be a pain. If you want, you can go the unconventional way; just go there during school season, as the children would be at school during the day, people would be at work, and the streets won't be as crowded as say, holidays or weekends.

3. CaptainOblivious

CaptainOblivious New Member

Yes, that advice makes a lot of sense, though in your case as it is for a wedding you may not have much of a choice. If you have a free choice though, make sure to visit in the 'golden zone' of February to March. The days are very pleasant and nights dont have mosquitoes. Also some festivals such as Holi in this period make it the best, I think.

4. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 New Member

The best time to visit India would be at a time where you can visit India. In life you have many obstacles so you must try to figure out when it’s time to take a break. You have to just live with that decision. You can not regret going on a vacation because you could have saved money. Sometimes, saving money is not worth it. Sometimes, you have to live and realize that you are going to die one day.

5. shanayamathur

shanayamathur New Member

I think you should go in the month of February and March. this time the weather is pleasant and you wont feel more hot and cold because in the month of February and March the winter goes off and summer arrives. This time festival Holi is also celebrated in India so you will have a great opportunity to see very famous festival of India and enjoy the taste of "Gujias".

6. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana New Member

If you are unable to pick your time to travel, but still have the opportunity to visit India, I think you should take the opportunity to go and have an amazing time. Even if traveling during hotter, or more uncomfortable months, you may have to plan a little more carefully. Regardless of what time of year you pick, I'm confident that you will not regret going. I hope you have an amazing time in India!

7. Deven

Deven Member

It would actually depend on where you would be going.
    As you have mentioned you would be doing shopping, so it is important that it is not too hot, therefore for you the best time to visit would be either in October/November or February/March. The wedding season starts from November until March, so you would be able to get some great choices for wedding outfits.

8. Normad

Normad New Member

We took our trip to India in March of last year and it was phenomenal. The weather was great, we got to be out and about all the time. We also got a lot of shopping done. I guess we just got lucky to pick that month because I didn't know then that it was actually the best time to travel to India. It was just the only time that I got off work.