1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Trekking Shoes in India

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by GK, Jun 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GK

GK New Member

My husband and I and are beginners at trekking, and we are planning our first long trek. Like any other trekker, we need the right equipment and the most important is trekking shoes.

We don't know what kind of shoes we should get and being first-time trekkers what our price range should be. Please suggest the best trekking shoes in India.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

To know which shoes best fit your case, you would need to know how long or how difficult the trek would be. The truth is, it depends on those conditions what kind of trekking shoes would best fit you. For a guide, I'm going to give you these categories of trekking shoes:

• Trail Running Shoes. This type of shoes is very lightweight and airy. It is suitable for dry terrains and warm weather. If your supposed trek is just for one day or less, then go for this type of shoes. Brands like Forclaz Fresh and Salomon have this type of shoes. They retail for Rs 3,000 to Rs 5,000.
    • Trekking Shoes or Boots. This type of shoes is heavier and a bit stiffer. It is suitable for snow, rain and gravel. If your supposed trek is for a week or less, then go for this type of shoes. They also work well with people who carry heavy loads on treks. They offer more support for the ankle and feet. Aside from that, they are available in different forms, suede, leather or synthetic. They retail for Rs 4,000 to Rs 7,000. Consider brands like Forclaz and Kingcamp.
    • Bridge Trek Boots. This type of shoes are the heaviest and strongest. It is suitable for challenging treks with deep snow and muds as well. They are very expensive starting with a price of Rs 9,000 and above. You can try to buy them online, look for brands like Merrell or La Sportiva. Otherwise, Salomon and Forclaz has them as well.
    I hope this helps!

Chahal likes this.