1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget for India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Balladman, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Balladman

Balladman New Member

Hi

I am going to India for 2 months, and in 2 months I want to do trekking, some sightseeing and basic travelling. I want to visit Kullu, Manali, Delhi and Rishikesh only and have parked a budget of $5000 for the entire trip, is it enough?

How much do you suggest I should spend on stay and food per day?

2. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

I would say that is more then enough.

For a solo traveler I would say Rs2500 per day including your hotel, food and transportation. Rooms are available for as low as Rs1000 but adding another 500 on top will ensure decent quality rooms with clean bathrooms. It would be a good idea to stay at government guest houses to save up on accommodation.

That Rs2500 per day budget does not account for any air tickets from your home country and assuming that you will be traveling by either trains or buses.

I hope this helps. Welcome to India Travel Forum.

3. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

If you are able/willing to find a travel partner then that budget will go a long way but even if you go solo the above reply by Gori Bride sums it up nicely.

4. Balladman

Balladman New Member

Just thought I would let you know how is my trip going so far. I have already been to Rishikesh for river rafting but sadly there was no government guest house and everything in the bank of River Ganga is in private hands. In Rishikesh I paid total INR. 3000 for 2 nights and 2 days stay in beach side camp (including meals, river rafting, kayaking, rappelling and jungle walk) and I am sure it was worth the price. Now I am in Kashmir from the last two days and you can find my comments here: www.indiatravelforum.in/threads/current-condition-of-srinagar-kashmir.61/

I will try my best to keep you folks updated about my trip and thanks for all your help.