1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minimum budget for India for a month

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Lost In India, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Lost In India

Lost In India New Member

Hello,

I have seen some very interesting discussions and some very good advise on this forum about different topics so I decided to register and ask something I have been trying to figure out for some time.

I am planning a visit to India for a month but I am on a tight budget and have no idea how much would be enough for a month long holiday.

What I need to know is that apart from transportation what costs should I expect to pay for accommodation and food. I am going to eat local food as I would imagine it would be a lot cheaper then trying to find out European food there. I am also not too fussed about room quality as long as I have a place to sleep and a reasonably clean bathroom to go with it.

Places I will be covering in my trip are New Delhi, Varanasi, Pushkar, Goa and Hampi.

I would highly appreciate any advise on this so I can plan my trip accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I would say you need atleast Rs 1500 per day and that would include your drinks as well if you buy your liquor from the shop and dont go to a bar.If you do not drink then you could probably do with Rs1300-1400 per day too. This I believe is the bare minimum unless you find a partner to share rooms at each destination which I guess is not going to be possible unless you have a friend traveling with you in which case your costs will come down considerably.

I take it that you are not trying to create a record of some sorts because in that case you may even get by with Rs500 a day or even less but the places you would be staying at are going to be disgusting by any standards and you might end up spending a lot more on medication :)